I am converting an existing website into a new structure and need data entry for the products (names, short and long description), images (thumbnail and multiple full size per product) and categories.
- I will send you a dump of a portion of a mysql database. The sku table will be populated with existing data.
- Create an entry in the category table for each category (16 categories)
- For each product (56 of them) you will make an entry in the product table: clientid (hard coded), name, short and long description, url fragment (taking from existing web site)
- For each product you will make a cross reference entry in the product_sku table
- For each product, you will make multiple entries in the product_image table, one for a thumbnail and one for each full size image. You will use the images from an existing web site, and also save those images in a folder, which will be part of the deliverables.
- For each product, make several entries into the category_product table, one for each category of which the product is a member
- Product names, descriptions and thumbnail images will come from a series of emails that I will provide to you.
- I will provide a spreadsheet that has a cross reference of products to categories and products to SKUs.
- send me a dump of the completed mysql database
- send me the folder with all of the product images
Note: you will do the data entry work in your own installation of mysql and return the results to me as an mysql dump. Do not apply for this job unless you are familiar with mysql, and comfortable with importing and exporting data.