- Report news and great stories.
- Publish high quality news and stories about the topics covered by Blasting News including: Breaking News, Business/Finance, Sport, Showbiz & TV, Style, Entertainment and Tech.
- Use a variety of formats, such as written articles, videos, photos and audio.
- Share and promote the news on social media platforms and through social networks (such as Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Youtube) to increase the number of the readers.
Competences and Experience
- Extremely passionate about innovative online media paradigms, social journalism and democracy in the information system.
- Some/strong knowledge of publishing content on the web.
- Ability to verify sources and fact-check articles.
- SEO skills.
- Real interest in social media marketing.
- Native speaker in English.
- Type of contract: freelance.
- Job Location: Anywhere. The Blaster is not required to check in at an office.
- Working hours: Flexible. The Blaster can work on a flexible basis.
The Compensation may vary according to a number of factors. Among the others:
- Number and success of written articles, where success is defined as number of readers actually reading the article (the more people read the content, the more money the blaster can earn).
- Type of topics and categories.
- Source of the readers (social networks readers being the most valuable ones).
Overall, the compensation is up to £150 per article. The compensation scheme is fully available on this page http://www.blastingnews.com/
A welcome package will be granted to the most promising writers (the welcome package is available ONLY to the Blasters applying through this job offer and following the Selection Process as described below).
- The candidate has to upload the resume and an example article related to a recent occurring event of at least 2.000 characters on http://uk.blastingnews.com/welcome-cv/
- The HR team will evaluate the resume and will follow up with the candidate.
Launched in mid-2013, Blasting News is now the largest global social news platform – the 240th most visited website in the world (Alexa Ranking), as big as Twitter in Italy, and as big as Instagram and WhatsApp in Brazil, thanks to 60+ million monthly unique visitors and 1 million blasters from 34 countries, who publish 16.000+ original news each month. Blasting News has been selected and funded by Google Innovation Fund (DNI) to revolutionize digital information in Europe.
Blasting News has an ambitious goal: to make our world a better place, giving everyone the possibility of sharing ideas with a global audience and enjoying truly independent information.
At the core, Blasting News is a news publisher totally fueled and curated by the crowd: news is produced by delocalized contributors (Blasters) and fact-checked and curated by a quality team of professionals (Senior Blasters);
Both Blasters and Senior Blasters are paid based on performance; in addition to this, the best news may be distributed around by the Social Blasters, a global team of digital influencers selected through application and interviews. All the core processes are managed by technology: e.g., homepages are handled by a patent-pending algorithm without human intervention.
Blasting News has a very innovative proposition:
- 100% Independent - Blasting News encourages a wide range of points of view. All blasters can freely choose the topic and the medium of their contents. Blasting News has adopted George Whitefield’s principle “We’ll just have to agree to disagree.”
- 100% Democratic - Blasting News does not have any central editorial office: we have developed a technology that promotes the most interesting, highest quality news, taking into account a huge number of factors.
- 100% Meritocratic - Blasters earn money thanks to a simple quality-based system: the more people that read the content, the more money the Blaster receives. Money comes from advertisement sold on the webpages.