I'm trying to understand the perfect exercise "prescription" for diabetes, so I'm looking for someone to research the medical journals, on how exercise affects blood sugar levels in diabetics. Eventually, I'd like to arrive at what the literature says is the most effective type of exercise for diabetics.
Your research would be aimed at answering these questions:
1. What is more effective: cardio or strength training?
2. How many days per week is optimal?
3. What's the right intensity?
4. What's the right duration?
After your review of the literature, I'd need a report, which should include these details:
1. The population studied (sex, age, duration of diabetes, etc.)
2. The intervention (what were the treatment groups?)
4. (If it applies) limitations of the study.
The research you do should be taken out of reputable medical journals, like JAMA, Lancet, New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, and others.
Due to the nature of this project, obviously knowledge of medical terminology, and exercise terminology is required. Also, an ability for you to access full-length studies would be required.
If you're interested in the job, please:
1. Re-state the job in your own words
2. Give an example of similar jobs that you've done in the past
3. Give an estimate of how long it would take you to complete the job.