Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading North America distributor of flooring, countertop, wall tile and hardscaping products. MSI’s product line includes an extensive offering of natural stone, porcelain, ceramic, glass and quartz products imported from 36 countries on six continents. MSI’s strategy is to work with our customers to enhance the homes and projects of consumers in North America by providing a wide selection of products that are innovative, affordable, and accessible from a single supplier.
We are seeking a talented Senior Web Designer to work with our Digital Marketing, Design and Development teams to design and create amazing user experiences for our Web pages and other Marketing collateral. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior user interface design skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into wireframes then visual designs that are compelling, intuitive, and functional. This position is responsible for designing and creating web content for the internal and external Web environment that is responsive and intuitive for end users. Collaborate with various teams including graphic designers, developers and internal clients to conceptualize and execute designs to support a wide variety of products, market launches, promotions, direct marketing, corporate brand initiatives, and events.
• 5+ years of senior level UX/UI Design and Web Design Roles including B2C and B2B web design experience
• Expert in Web Interface Design, Interaction Design. High degree of competency in Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Creative Suite Products and ability to create beautiful, usable interfaces. Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
• Knowledge of browser and platform compatibility issues
• Understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge
• Experience or certification in UX/UI design and development
• Ability to create Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms using Responsive Design
• Strong understanding of the latest web technologies, desire and ability to keep abreast of innovative design trends, technologies and techniques and user-centered design
• Well versed in code optimization, debugging, and software design principles
• Strong team and communication skills; Attention to detail
• Proficient in Responsive Web Design, Web standards, Best practices and mobile user experience
• Experience with responsive web design frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap, jQuery mobile, Sencha Touch, Adobe Reflow, etc.)
• Ability to turn artwork into usable deliverables such as HTML templates and design across multiple screens (Web, Tablet, Mobile, etc)
• Translate marketing or informational content into functional web pages
• Experience working on web-based systems, with a practical understanding of design issues for web-based interfaces.
• Proven Web Design experience with a strong portfolio
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
• Proficient in Usability and accessibility principles and user experience concepts
• Focus on user experience design and implementation, with an eye for simplicity and usability.