Professional Musician assistant needed to work directly with a progressive musician (drummer, composer, storyteller, and producer) whose original music travels between world music, classical, jazz, funk, rock. The artist leads various projects and produces original music.
This job would deal with Music Public Relations/Social Media Music Expert/Management through direct email and phone calls coordinate tour schedules, communicate with scheduled concert venues as well as booking potential new venues, and handle Music Public Relations/Social Media to publicize events and album releases using social media tools (facebook, twitter & instagram) and communicating with media.
I am a Brooklyn based musician who tours in Europe throughout the year and please send me any background info if you are interested in being part of my team. This job would be around 10 hours a week and I and my other colleague would be over seeing and assisting you with all aspects of the job.
Only serious candidates should apply for this job that would be around 10 hours a week and must be able to commit for a minimum of 4 months.
Salary is $15 an hour - majority of work hours happen at early morning hours like 8-11am on weekdays where phone calling are some of the tasks.
Skills and Qualifications Needed for Job Requirements are divided between Social Media/Music Public Relations and Booking/Tour Management
- Have superior and diverse writing skills that are savy and creative for writing newsletters, personal emails to promoters and journalists and social media posts, press releases etc.....
- must have great tele-marketing and email experience and skills to be able to convince promoters to book concerts and tour by making both cold calls and calling promoters
- Professional demeanor, reliable, organized and be able to produce results working independently and be a problem solver
- Experience in the music industry not required but have a minimum interest in attaining knowledge about the genres of the artist and would like someone with a passion for music and a desire to work in the music industry.
- Be able to secure media coverage for tour dates or reviews of album releases and develop opportunities for features
- Be able to secure online press features and events to increase visibility/awareness about the artist and his releases.
- build web presence, update websites and social media sending press releases
- Set clear project performance goals and work directly with the artists to devise and implement innovative, attainable and successful digital campaigns in the European music scene primarily but also in N. American and around the world
- Focus on every aspect of media including print, online, radio, video, zines, blogs within the overall music in experimental, rock, alternative, world, jazz genres
- Organizing of contact lists and maintaining a database.