We are looking for a professional to provide market research on precious metal sink field. This product is done in solid metal, i.e. copper, brass, silver, pewter. It can be plated with nickel, chromium, silver, gold...and have different finish (hammered, ) and then can be gold plated, silver plated. Stainless steel sink may not fit in this survey as most of this product are mass produced.
The survey must be a radiography of the competitors (manufacturer, brand, distributors, wholesalers), and help us to analyses the market (hand sink, kitchen sink, bath...) and who are the pure player, how the market share is organized... There is probably very few manufacturers in this upper market, and most of them are probably very small, almost family based business, and will represent a tiny % of the total market share. So you will have to hunt for this tiny information!
Firstly, a general research (none exhaustive task list thereafter...):
- Manufacturers listing
- manufacturer origin
- Brand listing
- Links brand/manufacturer
- Range of product
- Retail Price per company, ranking....
- market share
- overall Turnover
- Brand positioning
Secondly, you will have to make an in-depth research and analyses regarding luxury and mid-range market. All the brand/manufacturer for this sector, in the upper market, will probably be EU based, while the lower market will be fill up by Moroco, Tunisia... but that's just a guess.
- manufacturers listing, geographic locations
- Product specification classification (magnifying factor, optic quality or not, warranty ...)
- Export channel
- distribution network
- global turnover per brand
- price range, average, ranking
- number of references
- market share per sector (professional, direct sales, prescription...)
- market share per zone (USA, EU, ASIA...)
- product extension (bath, kitchen sink, accessories....)
- year over year growth
- lists of main customers, lists of major vendors
- % of market segments served,
- Brand promise/slogan
- corporate goals & mission statements, etc.
It's up to you, as a professional, to decide how to organized your research and what information need to be research; But you will have to provide a spreadsheet template that will serve as a worksheet approval ahead of your market research.
Individuals or teams bidding on this project can expect to be treated with professionalism. If there are any questions or additional direction required throughout the research process, I will be available for your communications or questions.