HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 1.2 million listings in 193 countries. Our global platform spans across over 40 websites and 22 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business unit focused on emerging markets growth, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
The Associate Market Manager is primarily responsible for generating new business within an assigned territory. This role works remotely and reports in the Singapore Sales team.
• Achieves regional business sales targets as may be assigned.
• Identifies, evaluates, and acquires profitable new business.
• Initiates an appropriate level of activity to take maximum advantage of sales opportunities.
• Maintains local knowledge of day-to-day developments relating to the holiday rental market and accurately assesses opportunities where they arise.
• Advises new and existing HomeAway clients on company products and services.
• Upsells to existing clients.
• Prepares and delivers proposals to existing and prospective clients.
• Generates and maintains an ongoing pipeline of high quality prospects.
• Suggests improvements to existing sales processes.
• Chases invoice payments where required.
• Other duties as may be reasonably required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 2+ year’s sales experience, preferably for an online or travel-related company.
• Experience making cold sales calls.
• High standards of computer literacy and keyboarding skills. Experience with business support software applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Preferred tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce at Bachelor level or equivalent.
• Proven ability to plan, identify and develop strong prospects and convert these into profitable new business.
• Experience with Salesforce or similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
• Autonomous and independent
• A self-starter who excels at achieving and driving targets a remote environment
• Able to demonstrate initiative and confidence in relating to clients.
• Willing to accept an element of risk in order to achieve business outcomes.
• Strong communicator who engages others through credible communication.
• Good problem solving ability