ILANIO is a fashion brand based in San Francisco, California. Our limited edition, high-concept designs push the envelope of creative and engineering possibilities in shoes, bags, apparel, and other categories. We are currently in production on two product groups in China, and looking to begin production on additional products in the near term.
ILANIO is seeking a project manager in the greater Guangzhou area to take charge of the following tasks: overall project management; sourcing; virtual assistance; and quality control. This is a part-time position that can grow into a full-time, permanent position for the right candidate.
Due to the unique nature of our designs, this position requires working with suppliers from very different industries and efficiently coordinating logistics between them all so that products are completed in a timely manner. (For example, one high-heeled shoe in production now requires both a traditional shoemaking company and a fabricator of high-precision metal parts.)
Initially, this position will require approximately 20 hours per week, including three Skype meetings per week at either 9am or 1am (your preference) China time, and occasional travel to suppliers within the greater HK / Guangzhou / Dongguan area (expenses compensated).
- Finding reliable suppliers who are willing to work on small production runs (less than 300 units) through channels such as Alibaba
- Translating and communicating detailed design requirements
- Negotiating production terms
(2) Project management
- Organizing the entire production strategy from the top down, from goals to deadlines to tasks
- Taking responsibility for execution of the production strategy
- Communicating with suppliers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met
(3) Quality control: inspecting samples closely & visiting factories to insure high quality
(4) Virtual assistant
- Translation between English and Chinese
- Shipping and receiving samples
- Proficiency in English and Chinese
- Minimum 3 years project management & sourcing experience in China, preferably in a fashion-related industry
- Fluency in sourcing strategies such as Alibaba
- Based in greater Guangzhou area (HK / Dongguan / Shenzhen / etc)
- Quality control experience: attention to detail and ability to spot production defects.
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS! This position requires extreme clarity in communication, and a consistent response to emails within 24 hours.
- RESPONSIBILITY! This part is absolutely essential. We need someone who can take charge of a complex project and move it along so it stays on schedule, without outside supervision. If you are not a self-motivated person, please do not apply.
This position will be a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working both independently and in coordination with a small team, organizing a complex project, and seeing something truly novel come through to fruition. (Love of fashion is a big plus!) If that’s you, we are very excited to meet you!
Interested candidates, please include your resume / CV and cover letter.