Our team regularly creates video tutorials for both free and paid content, which we publish on Wistia to share on our education platform as well as my blog (http://johnmeese.me).
You can see an example of a published tutorial series here:
We primarily publish two types of videos:
1. Screencasts (example: https://meeseworks.wistia.com/medias/ugk4etsauo)
2. Slide presentations (example: https://meeseworks.wistia.com/medias/dy2q12evap)
I plan to get a new animated intro/outro created soon, and we will provide the audio and images or recording for each video, so the selected editor would be responsible for:
1. Cleaning up audio files (removing pauses, coughs, and repeated text)
2. Editing screencast OR recording slide presentation (slides will be provided)
3. Syncing audio and video together
4. Selecting background music
5. Editing background music (start loud, get soft immediately, raise volume + faid out at end)
6. Adding intro/outro animation
7. Publishing final video via Podio or Wistia
My team is entirely made up part-time, remote contractors.
You would be expected to join our Slack community, Podio (project management), and communicate with various members of our content development team as needed to complete each tutorial.
We currently publish 3-8 videos each month, but there may be times (during a product launch, for example) when we will need to publish 30+ videos within a few weeks.
Our mission statement is "Always be teaching" and here's a look at our core values:
1. Champion impact over profit: We make money where it grows our influence, but refuse to sacrifice impact for the sake of profit alone.
2. Seek less, but better: We exclusively pursue projects where we can make the highest possible contribution, given our strengths.
3. Default to transparency: We jump at any opportunity to share our decisions, results, and systems with anyone who this might help.
4. Reinvent continuously: We steadily seek out new and better ways to achieve greatness in everything that we do.
5. Assume the best of intentions: In every human interaction, we refuse to believe in less-than-great motives until we’ve been proven absolutely wrong.
If that sounds like a culture and team you'd like to be a part of, please apply for this position!
The position would start as hourly, but I'd prefer to switch to fixed pay (per video or monthly retainer) once we find something that's mutually agreeable.