Looking for an experienced front-end developer to help us roll-out Kwhen.com.
Job in short: a POC quality Admin Web applications to facilitate the creation of Curated Collections in Kwhen.
Please read on to get the details.
Kwhen is an brand new personal search assistant that gives you answers to everything happening around you, just by asking a question.
Think Siri on steroids.
We're a two man team and close to done building out the infrastructure / back-end. We've also got designs for the frontend (down to CSS), so time to connect the lot!
Do you want to work for an exiting startup, with possible future contract work? Great, read on...
ABOUT THIS PROJECT:
Kwhen knows everything about events, places to stay, artists, tv series, etc. These things
are represented as cards in the frontend.
Although, we've got loads of good algorithms to surface up this content, sometimes you, as a user, just want to casually browse through collections of content (aka cards) instead.
This is where Curated Collections come in. If you're familar with Product Hunt Collections (https://www.producthunt.com/collections) it's exactly that: a way to group a couple of cards together around a particular theme.
Things that could be collections on Kwhen:
- 52 Great Brunch NYC places to fade away your sunday morning hangover
- Freaky museums to visit in New York
This project is about making an unpolished / poc version for an expert to create a Kwhen Collection.
To get an idea (more specs to be fleshed out):
- an expert can create/edit a collection
- an expert can name the collection
- an expert can optionally provide a slug.
- an expert can give the collection a title / subtitle
- an expert can write some body text overall
- an expert can use an autosuggest-box to surface op candidate cards
- an expert can populate a collection by selecting candidate cards.
- an expert can write some optional body text per selected card.
On a tech level this means:
- interact with the Kwhen Collections API. (REST / CRUD)
- interact with the Kwhen Search API (Rest / read only) to surface up card candidates.
- application to be written in Jquery + optionally backbone. No other frameworks, except possible React.
- to be constructed as a SPA (single page app)
- Focus on getting this working quickly with good, well separated logic. Real bare bones CSS. We'll reskin ourselves later.
**In short, no polish, just a quick but good functioning POC**
This is an isolated project with clear scope and well-rounded APIs to connect to. I (CTO / 10yrs+ experience) feel this should take 2 week max.
If you agree, like to work on an exiting project with potentially more future engagements please apply! Please be sure to start your application with 'KwhenRocks'.