We have 2 projects that both require a back-end developer to program them. Depending on your front-end capabilities, we may also have a need for assistance there too.
Project 1 below is already late, so we need immediate assistance with a very quick turn-around!!
-- Project 1 --
Build a web application/website that displays product information for a retail client. The majority of the product information that needs to be displayed in this website must be pulled from an XML file updated weekly by the client - this includes roughly 40 products and the information found in this XML file makes up about 90% of the content for this experience. Information includes things like Title, Product Specs, Description, etc.
In addition to the XML information, we must build a simple interface that allows the client to update other areas of the website, like home banner images, headline text, etc.
The application will ultimately live on a server on their local network. Images and videos for all of the products will be delivered via the XML feed. However, the client has requested that we not continually load assets from their CDN, so we must "grab" those assets initially, then serve the assets from the local application.
We have built a previous web application using PHP and Codeignter and have scoped the project based on this previous experience. However, no development has begun yet and we are open to the possibility of building via Ruby on Rails or other framework. It just needs to work well :)
Designs are already in final stages and we have the entire experience mapped out in detail. Full designs can be shared for an accurate estimate to be done.
-- Project 2 --
This is an ecommerce site that needs to do the following. More details can be provided on request.
- allow user to take a quiz and based on the answers of that quiz, show them the best products to buy. (we already have the logic done for this...just needs to be built)
- work with the Stitch API to manage inventory (http://stitchlabs.com)
- work with Groove API to manage support tickets (https://www.groovehq.com)
- work with Stripe for payments
- work with UPS api for shipping
- build accounts for users to save their quiz results and order information