IT Webdesign/ Database Project
IT & Programming > Website Design
Position Title: Web Developer-Designer
Reports To: Project Manager/Senior Web Developer-Designer
The rigorous job opportunity relies on a motivated, dedicated, and knowledgeable applicant. Will work with SAN/Backup, Network, Security, Applications, Active Directory, Architecture/Engineering and other team members to ensure high performance, availability, scalability, efficiency, supportability and security of IT infrastructure and the supported applications. As a team member of Apricot Computers, the Server Administrator will be responsible for many aspects of health and performance monitoring. The capacity management of the organizations servers is vital. The applicant will be responsible for installing, administering and optimizing servers & related components, including server anti-virus protection.
Operates effectively as a member of the development team. Also operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes.Manage all physical and virtual servers, from the hardware level up to the operating system, and any supporting tools/technologies.
· Plan and implements quarterly/ semi-annual security patches on Linux OS and Xen OS's with relevant tools.
· Prepares routine firmware recommendation and implementation plans as necessary.
· Conducts routine security health check ups to ensure compliance with Amazon EC2 or Xen Server Security Hardening Standards.
· Prepare report for semi-annual end of life review on HW, OS and tools
· Create/maintain Server Build documentation, Server Power Ups and Shutdown Sequencing, Dependency & any associated documentation throughout the server lifecycle.
· Create/maintain/improve server-related operational policies, standards, procedures and checklists.
· Provides monthly server, tools & SSH licenses' inventory.
· Responsible for timely resolution of server related incidents and problem tickets/tasks
· Attend major incident calls as required.
· Attends regular change/problem management and continuous service improvement meetings.
· 24x7 on-call server support.
· Support Annual Security Privileged ID audit, Software License Compliance audit and external IT General Control audit
· Install, configure and manage Xen, Create Xen dashboards, define thresholds and alerts, create reports for Health, performance and capacity, of the infrastructure (Servers, VMs, Xen etc.)
· Install, configure and manage VMware/ Xen Suite, may need to create dashboards, alerts, views and reports using VMware/ Xen.
· Perform patching and updates using Xen related software.
· Monitor server performance and capacity to run at an optimal level and prepare monthly management reports.
· Perform daily infrastructure dashboard monitoring and server health checks, including key service / performance indicators, anti-virus protection status, and backup job completion.
· Manage break-fix activities with OEM vendors.
· Plan and implement server configuration changes per business request, in compliance with Change Management Policy.
· Support Application teams for application sizing and performance benchmarking.
· Support all other technical teams on server related activities such as file restore requests.
· Setup & ensure all active servers are under 24x7 monitoring and alerting.
· Setup & ensure all servers are under anti-virus protection, and document/maintain exceptions for Security Audit.
· Setup & ensure all PROD servers are under Security Incident and Event Monitoring by the Security team.
· Setup & ensure that all server CPU/RAM/Disk utilization alert thresholds, backup schedules/retentions, batch process schedules are in continuous alignment with business needs.
Experience in developing websites and/or web applications. Minimum of 6 years of Information and technology experience is required. Solid understanding of navigation and GUI for maximizing usability. MUST have Xen server management experience. Front-end and some back-end development experience.
More important is the experience of Linux, or AIX, McAfee ePO, Hitachi UCP, VCE Vblock, Datacentre Technologies.
· Experience with server performance tuning, monitoring tools, and security hardening. Practical experience in development of HTML, CSS, SQL, XML, PHP, MySQL, Various Server environments.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
BS / BA university degree a plus but not required.
Certifications in VMware, Microsoft, ITIL, VCE, Anti-virus technology, vRealize Suite VMware vSphere,