I am a successful and busy entrepreneur, in the media and tech space. I'm based across a few countries in Asia, but my time zone is usually Hong Kong / Singapore.
As a business owner I have my own businesses organised, growing, and running smooth - However, organising my personal life is a different story. My personal life has taken a back seat to all of this, and needs to be maintained better. This is mostly financial planning related, such as budgeting, reminders of bills, sorting our insurance premiums, rent, and other things such as finding better travel deals, living healthy, and personal growth. The assistant I find on upwork will become my personal saviour and I'm imagining a bit like a nagging wife that tells me I'm spending too much of the kids college money on good whiskey. But I need both! Jokes aside, I'm looking for a super organised individual that can assist me with all of this, month by month, over a long term period. Here's more info:
Working arrangement (remote):
- Once a week, 30-45 minute call (4 x times a month). In this call I will update you on financial things I need done, and also get updates from you on my budget (how much I spent, what I have left this month etc), among other updates. We could use an online finance planning platform, or just an excel sheet, etc. It'll be a casual catch up each time, nothing too formal. This would happen like clockwork regularly, e.g.: Every Monday at 9AM Singapore time, and the goal of this is to keep my life and finances organised and on track.
- A set number of hours per month (e.g.: 6-8 per week) that I can ask you to use for other tasks (small example: please find me my 3 best options of studying law online part time). This will be laid out on a project management platform such as trello, asana, etc. Please let me know the cost per hour for these ad-hoc tasks, and this needs to be flexible month-by-month.
- I will need the assistant to become familiar with a few online platforms, such as Trello, slack, google drive, dropbox, skype. Which should be easy. We would manage communications through these channels rather than emails or upwork messages (but of course use upwork for billing)
- There is a possibility that I will ask you to handle small payments for me, and the assistant will definitely know my personal budget and spending habits - therefore this person must be EXTREMELY TRUSTWORTHY. I will most likely have us sign an NDA form before we begin. I can't stress this enough.
Please submit a proposal if:
- You are naturally a very organised and consistent person
- You love to keep track of all the small things such as personal budgets and to-do lists
- Personal finance is easy peasy for you, and something you can help me with
- Native english speaker (*this is a must)
- You're ok with syncing up to my time zone
- You're used to working with someone who is sporadic, fun, and busy