This gig is only a prelude to a full-time job that we will offer you if you are successful.
What your job will be if you are a successful candidate:
Doing online trademark searches, providing preliminary conclusions regarding registrability of trademarks, entering data in our proprietary online system.
Importantly: You are NOT required to have any prior experience in the field of trademarks (although it is welcome if you do have it).
- attention to detail;
- ability to follow step-by-step instructions;
- some experience in data mining / research;
- fluent English;
- understanding of Western culture;
- reliable access to high-speed Internet;
- Windows computer with ability to install software;
- impeccable work ethics;
- good communication skills;
- desire to learn and master a new skill;
- availability to work at least 30 hours / week for at least the next 6 months.
Again, prior experience in the field of trademarks: NOT required (although welcome).
HOW TO APPLY:
You will need to go through 2 stages of tests and an interview to get the actual job.
1. This gig is the first stage, during which you will need to fill out a questionnaire that we will send you after receiving your bid.
The PDF contains links to several sources of information that should allow you to answer all questions correctly.
We expect that it should take you about 20-30 minutes to learn what is required to correctly fill out the form (which should take you another 10-15 minutes).
You will be paid $5 if you correctly fill out at least 50% of the questionnaire during this stage, but most importantly, you will advance to stage 2.
2. For your future reference, since this is NOT part of this gig:
During the second stage, everyone who correctly filled out the questionnaire from the 1st stage, will get access to a detailed manual that will provide step-by-step instructions for doing the searches.
You will have one week to familiarize yourself with the manual and answer a questionnaire that will require you to evaluate registrability of 20 trademarks. The information in the manual PLUS common sense will be sufficient to correctly answer all 20 questions.
Everyone who completes this questionnaire with at least 50% correct answers, will be paid $20.
Those who complete the questionnaire with at least 70% correct answers will be offered a full-time position.
Good luck! We look forward to having you join our international team!