I am an academic researcher, conducting research into the response to last year’s earthquakes in Nepal. I am looking to interview key officials and representatives from citizens groups in one of the worst hit districts (Rasuwa, Sindhupalchowk, Nuwakot, Gorkha, Dhading or Dolakha).
I am looking for a someone based in Nepal, who is fluent in both English and Nepali, who could help me arrange these interviews and act as my interpreter. This will involve a three or four day trip to one of the worst hit districts (I will pay for accommodation and transport).
These interviews will be difficult to set up, so please select one district only and focus on organizing interviews in that district. The interviews need to take place before the 26th of August, apart from that I am flexible in terms of dates - so please organize interviews on dates that suit the interviewees (and yourself). All the interviews need to be in the same district and in the same time period (it should be possible to do all interviews during a three or four day visit).
I am looking to interview the following types of respondents. I will pay a 50% bonus if I get to interview at least one person from each category (so this means that the interviews were both successfully arranged and successfully completed).
• senior officials at the District Disaster Reduction Committee
• senior officials at the district level National Reconstruction Authority
• senior officials at a Village Disaster Management Committee
• senior officials at a Village Development Committee
• senior members of a Ward Disaster Management Committee
• senior members of a Ward Citizens Forum
• senior members of a Citizen Awareness Centre
Please let me know how much you would charge for organizing these interviews and accompanying me on a three or four day trip in order to act as my interpreter.