Looking for experienced API/XML feed developer to design, test, and implement an online reservation system for our site. It will tap into the XML feed from one of our suppliers, and we have the necessary access to their feed to provide to the designer. We want our users to be able to perform a search using a booking engine to be developed, and that engine will then tap into our supplier's product line and display that for the user to select from to complete their booking.
We have access to all available services in our supplier's pre-production environment.
Testing can be done against our suppplier's white screen in pre-production, which we also have access to.
We have done extensive research into this project and foresee two phases:
- Building the plugin to interface with our supplier's API, feeding the pulled information into the site via the templated layouts, Setting up the ability to search the feed and display via the templated layouts
• Build a plugin to interact with our supplier's API,
• Pull the needed data to populate the necessary pages with the correct the correct information and details,
• Allow for advanced searches and detail pages so the end user can search available trips.
- Expanding upon the plugin to collect user information and payment information to facilitate Bookings through our supplier's API. This should build upon Phase 1 code and extend it to have the required functionality
• Expand on the details listing by making it so that the end user can book and pay for a trip on their own,
• Build and setup all necessary support templates for each step of the process (gather general info and trip details, gather personal info, submit, handle successful or failed transactions, Track activity)
• Test all functionality
If we are confident in the ability of applicants, we will provide access to our supplier's pre-production environment so that applicant can realistically create a work and price proposal.
PRICE AND WORK PROPOSAL- We would expect that candidates will want to see the backend API/XML environment and how we want the project to look and operate before bidding. We are seeing many price proposals coming in at the same level as our budget without even knowing what exactly what time and effort will be involved. Our budget is a guideline and we expect candidates to do their homework, review what will be necessary to do for this project, and price their proposals based on those necessary hours and work involved. We are looking for professionals who are experienced enough to provide proposals that reflect their review of our requirements and looking over the environment they will need to start with. We will provide this info to those who are interested in reviewing and properly bidding on this project.