This is a project overview for the development of a social network.
While focusing on maintaining a unique design for the website, we will try to keep the features of the website along the lines of badoo.com & facebook.com. Some of this features will include:
• Landing/Login-Page: An interactive & elegant landing page for guests. Responsive Layout (Compatible in all devices, smartphones, tablets, etc)
• Unique username: Each member is assigned the unique username they chose while registering as an ID. This would have an @ sign infront of it.
• Registration Pages
• Captcha and Verification of email during registration
• User database: Fully functional and error-free
• User profile page: ability to edit and add more info to registration details whenever user wants.
• Home page with responsive layout which has user’s pic and brief details displayed as it will be when other members search for him/her, timeline, chatbox etc.
• Status Update and Newsfeed - Timeline with likes and comments on home page, Facebook-style. Also adds user tags to your timeline. Members will be able to share anything here (pics, videos, notes, links) and see what their contacts are sharing
• Activity Notifications – Real-time (On-site live notifications of friend requests, profile views, comments, likes etc) and email notifications about these site activities.
• Messaging - Unified messaging function for private on-site communication (Will include ability to share files via messaging).
• Live chat – Users can chat live with members on their friend list, and can also see who is online and who’s not.
• Messages & chat caching
• Chatroom – Members can go into chat rooms and chat with members in there. There will be default rooms but members can also create and invite their friends to new rooms.
• Photos & Videos - Allow users to upload photos and embed videos with tags, like button and comments onto their timeline
• Members Search - A compact quick user search form on home page
• Who’s Nearby? – Badoo-style view of all online users in the same state, showing their pic, gender, location etc. Also on that page will be an advanced search option that allows users search all members by gender, location, interests etc.
• Display of guests who viewed user profile
• Birthday Notification – Users’ get notifications of their contacts’ birthdays.
• Match Making – Suggest friends for users based on profile details.
• Verification – Users have the option of being verified and a verified sign shows beside their username like twitter.
• Privacy Setting: Users profile will be displayed only to the class of people they choose.
• Facebook/Google+/etc Connect - Allow users to join, sign in, and synchronize profile using their Facebook and other social media accounts.
• Invite Old Contacts – Users can invite friends from their phonebook, Facebook, email etc to join the site
• Mobile version of the website: Very important as we would have more members visiting cia mobile. This should be able to render properly across mobile platforms.
• Adverts and Site Announcement Corner (shows on every page)
• Rating: Members’ profiles can be rated by contacts and visitors to their pages. This can be in form of likes. So on each user’s profile one can see the number of likes they have garnered.
• Support: Users can fill support form to report issues which goes straight to admin’s mailbox.
• Periodic Site Updates: Addition of new features, outlook upgrades, optimization etc.
• Search engine optimization.
• Google analytics integration
• Back-end administration