Busy filmmaker seeks a Virtual Executive Assistant/Project Manager to manage numerous tasks and processes related to film production, marketing and distribution. You will be working with an award-winning independent filmmaker who is managing a staff of approximately 20 employees and interns.
The current film project is a moving and inspiring documentary addressing racial justice issues in Ferguson, Missouri and the United States as a whole. The film is nearing the end of post-production and will soon be ready for film festivals, marketing and distribution.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Provide a daily update and to-do checklist to the filmmaker every morning (in California, Pacific Standard Time), and receive a daily update from him every evening on work accomplished that day.
2. Map out key processes and deadlines, and remind the filmmaker of deadlines periodically in advance. Follow up on reminders, repeatedly and frequently if necessary, until each task is completed. Tasks and deadlines must be tracked digitally in a consolidated fashion using Microsoft Excel, Project or similar software to include Trello. Processes will include:
- Film festival submissions and travel planning to attend film festivals
- Fundraising goals and deadlines
- Film post-production deadlines (sound, music, graphics, color correction, etc)
- Marketing and publicity plans and deadlines
- Film distributor outreach plans and deadlines
3. Pre-screen filmmaker’s e-mails and draft responses for filmmaker’s review and approval. All e-mail responses should be written in excellent English.
Additonal tasks may be added, depending upon the needs of the production and the skills and talents of the Executive Assistant/Project Manager. These tasks may include:
1. Social media planning and posting
2. Fundraising strategy and drafting of communications to potential donors/partners
Our ideal candidate is a highly organized person, proactive thinker and planner who can speak and write in fluent English. We need someone who can absorb new and complex information, identify what is most important, set priorities and schedule them to make sure they are accomplished. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in films and the work that goes into creating a film. This is also an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys successfully completing large, complex projects that make a positive impact in the world, inspiring greater compassion and justice for all people. This position has the potential for long-term employment with pay increases commensurate with quality and type of work delivered.