W have an existing system that provides for an SQL search of property listings, we are looking for a developer to implement a map-based search similar to what Zillow offers to search for listings on our system.
This is a custom CMS which will need to have the code integrated in to our existing system.
Points to consider before applying:
Please do not apply if you are not qualified.
Our initial interview will be for the purpose of us determining how well we will communicate and for you to determine that you have the full scope of the job.
We use upWork for initial interviews, we use Slack and Blossom for communication and project management. We do not use Skype or any other products to handle business communications.
Must work well with others in a team environment.
Must be able to converse fluently in English.
Must take direction well.
We will provide an in-house technician to consult with.
We have experienced testers on hand to test the code at any stage, by request; all testing is performed on our developer server.
This is a LAMP environment, the CMS comes in several parts, an automated system that works to manage data flow, and Administrative system, and a Front-end system that delivers websites to the general public. Most projects do not require the contractor to have access to all three sections of the system, and will not normally be granted.
You will be working a completely custom coding environment, be prepared to take some time to learn the system.
In Addition, It is important to understand we will terminate the project if these points are not met:
1. If you need a table alteration, or a cron job created, you would send the request through Slack, we will review and implement the request. It's important that we handle all sql structure creation / alteration requests.
2. To Repeat a point that seems commonly overlooked: Day to day communication during the project is in #Slack account (you will be provided a user login) and project management is in Blossom project manager. Code management occurs in GitHub. We will provide access when the hire occurs.
3. We expect regular updates on progress, and expect the contractor to ask questions when unsure, or unclear, on a point. We are very concerned about clear communication, nearly every project failure we’ve observed revolved around there being an unresolved point of clarity that becomes compounded over time.
4. Code will be implemented on our server designed for development work. We will provide FTP credentials, an Admin login.
5. We expect existing methods, functions, and style to be used and seamless integration of the project into our CMS.
6. Final product will be fully documented in code using PHPDocs standards, to integrate with our management system.
7. We use GitHub for code management, this job will be posted as a branch, with regular updates to test against any code conflict issues with the project work.