Each course has a course leader who has experience of presenting the course face-to-face, and also has a script for how the course activities will work online, including short videos, screencasts and audio lessons, quizzes, discussions and collaborative activities.
... To support this development, the contractor will supply the following services:
- Support and coach course leaders in producing media assets e.g. helping with
+ microphone and recording set-up to ensure high quality audio
+ camera set-up to ensure sufficiently high quality video
+ techniques for reading from cue texts, addressing the camera
+ design of slides, graphs etc for maximum readability
+ management of slide transitions in screencasts
- Maintain metadata and transcripts of audio/video content to help with provision of multilingual versions
- Ensuring recordings are available in the correct file formats
- Organising transfer of all digital files to the learning platform.
- Experience of making trade-offs between media quality and cost, and judgement to recognise which aspects of quality must not be compromised.
- Experience of software for video, audio, screencast capture, and for storing, converting and sharing large files online.
- Ability to read and respond to specifications in English is essential, as is fluency in either English or French.