As a Security Engineer in the Infrastructure Security Services Engineering group, you will be working in a team responsible for the design, engineering, implementation and Early Life Support of security services across the global environment. These services will be handed over to Security Service Delivery teams once Early life is ended and all relevant documentation is provided. Additionally you will provide consulting services to other teams, and act as a level four escalation point for operational issues.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Create designs based on industry best practices, sound engineering principles and have the ability to incorporate both local and global requirements into the designs produced.
• Build technology solutions following all relevant company standards and practices.
• Provide technical knowledge as input into Standards creation and update on an ongoing basis as products and technologies evolve.
• Complete technical security deliverables on assigned projects
• Working with the Project Office (project management), ensure projects are resourced correctly and from this that they meet deadlines and budgets.
• Working with the Security Service Delivery Team to ensure a smooth transition of new solutions into the production environment
• Ensure full and correct time capture on a weekly basis for all project and administration work to allow effective top level reporting
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Strong organizational skills, self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work without direct supervision on a daily basis
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to make technical decisions in support of Architecture, Strategy and Service Delivery functions within the project and escalated troubleshooting contexts.
• No direct supervision responsibilities although expectation of technical leadership within the projects assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Advanced skills in planning, designing and troubleshooting complex security environments
• Extensive experience in designing and implementing endpoint security solutions including:
• Symantec Antivirus environments including back end infrastructure and clients for workstations, servers,
SharePoint and NAS
• SEP 12 product components,
• Symantec Endpoint Encryption products
• Symantec Data Centre Security: Server Advanced products
• Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP and Active Directory environments.
• Knowledge of LAN/WAN networking technologies and how they interact with technical security
• Strong ability to document processes, procedures and security designs clearly and accurately for distribution to internal teams and customers.
• Understanding of other technologies required to run an enterprise level infrastructure
• Demonstrated experience in dealing with external vendors and suppliers in the security industry
• Extensive and demonstrable experience in various aspects of Security technology infrastructure design and implementation, with experience in delivering projects within scope and budget
• Minimum 3 years in an engineering function.
• Desirable: Security related Professional qualifications [CISSP, CISM, GIAC etc], Symantec SEP Admin Exam 250-311. ITIL Foundation
• Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change
• Ability to deal efficiently with project changes
• High level of interpersonal, communication, organizational and decision-making skills
• Ability to understand and integrate cultural differences and motives and to work in virtual cross-cultural, cross-border teams
• English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
• Due to the global team/organization calls and meetings out of regular office hours will occur
• Travel may be required to guide implementations or meet with vendors and contractors supporting various projects
• Weekend or late night work may occur during project and Early life support phases