We are looking for one or more developers to build a SaaS web app that takes certain inputs, e.g. a table of numbers, text fields, an uploaded csv file, etc. Then the data is sent to R, which does statistical computations and the data is returned to be displayed on the website in the form of tables or graphs.
- User management: creating new user logins, deleting users, tracking usage (i.e. date and times of logins)
- User authentication: users login to the web app
- Web app features:
-- User uploads data (i.e. a csv file), which populates a table on the website
-- User enters data into table on the website
-- Data entered on the website (either uploaded or manually) gets sent to an R script
-- R script returns data that is displayed as a table or graph on the website.
-- A user should also be able to save the output tables and graphs as an xls or a pdf, and have these emailed to the user.
- The data transferred should be secure. This web app will be used by corporate users. Security should meet acceptable standards.
- This web app should be scalable. Initially it will have ~10 users, but it should be scalable to ~100+ users. Most likely each user will use the app ~20 hours per year.
- The UI/UX should look nice.
- This application should be hosted on AWS. Familiarity with AWS is preferred.
We are looking for someone who can handle the backend (e.g. Django - is there something better ?) and communications with R (knowing or willing to look into e.g. rpy2) and someone who can do the UI/UX (e.g. Bootstrap, AngularJS). We’re happy to split up these development tasks between different freelancers.
We also anticipate some development work being required during product revisions going forward (starting in September 2016).
Upon applying, we will provide you with a more detailed document of what we’re looking for.