IDERA is seeking a Technical Support Engineer II for our Global Technical Support Team. If you have customer support experience providing top level software technical support. Do you have a passion for helping customers and solving problems? Do you have experience programming in C++ or Delphi?. How about experience working with relational databases on a variety of platforms, we want you on our team!
Our Technical Support Team works with IDERA customers worldwide to support customers in using our award winning Development IDE and our Database Development and Design & Architecture software. Our customers rely on our products and solutions to help them build, optimize, and manage sophisticated database infrastructures powering a wide variety of enterprise applications and GUI-intensive, data-driven applications
• Provide technical support for Idera products. This includes communicating directly with customers via phone and e-mail to identify, reproduce, and resolve reported issues.
• Evaluate, troubleshoot and follow-up customer issues while tracking details in the Customer Relations Management system.
• Identify, replicate, and document customer reported product defects and enhancement requests.
• Develop and test workarounds when and if applicable.
• Interact with internal and external department resources for problem determination, resolution, and escalation.
• Installation/de-installation of required software; provide specifications for the configuration of systems, applications, and databases when necessary.
• Keep up-to-date on technical aspects of Embarcadero’s products.
• Participate and articulate test cases for management and the product development team when necessary
• Write online documentation, such as FAQ's and technical notes on an as needed basis
• Strong relational database skills in any of these databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, or Sybase
• OOP knowledge and programming skills in either C++ or Delphi
• Familiarity with Database Development or modeling/design tools such as DBArtisan, Rapid SQL and/or ER/Studio Data Architect
• Solid networking skills (software) in Windows environment, both on server and client side.
• Language skills in English are required
• Previous experience in a technical or support environment
• Ability to multi-task and seamlessly transition from one skill set to another
• Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• General knowledge of software design and implementation.
• Four-year university degree or sufficient relevant work experience.
• Mobile software development experience is a plus