Dear Customer Support All-Star,
My name is Tim and I run an online business in the personal empowerment market. This work is extremely rewarding and we’ve been doing well so I’m looking grow in a slow and steady kind of way.
I’m looking for one or two people to fill this position on a part-time basis. However, if you’re a true Superstar team player then I will 100% consider you for a full-time gig.
Before you continue, you must know:
1. This company has been around for 8 years, however we maintain a small team atmosphere. We’re a speed boat, not an ocean liner and we make decisions quickly. This means that your job description, title, and daily activities will likely change from week to week. If you’re not comfortable with this, then do not apply.
2. You must be 100% committed to achieving results and helping the team. If you have a poor attitude, lack integrity, or do not want to help other people (while having fun in the process) then do not apply for this position.
I’m looking for someone who:
* Loves to help people. You enjoy going out of your way to help people and making them happy.
* Is highly organized, detail-oriented, and serious about organization and very productive. You probably have done event planning or bookkeeping because you're good at logistics and details, and you like to write lists and work from a checklist at all times.
* Has a quiet, distraction-free working environment with a high-speed internet connection.
* Self directed and enjoys working alone most of the time. Aside from phone meetings with me to get you up to speed and answer any questions you have, this position is one where you will be working alone the majority of the time.
* Is “tech savvy” and who can navigate relatively simple web-based Internet programs. While there’s nothing too complex with this position, you will need to have a basic understanding of Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, online scheduling systems, etc.
* Is dependable (I’m talking VERY dependable… not the “This usually doesn’t happen, but it happened again” type). You’re the type of person who is always on time to appointments, meetings, and even social gatherings.
* Has a positive attitude and friendly demeanor that comes across in emails and over the phone. You enjoy helping people overcome their challenges.
* Is deadline-obsessed. You’re the type of person who turned in the school assignment the day after it was issued. NOT the person scrambling to hand it in minutes before it was due.
* Doesn’t take things personally, have feelings hurt easily or get offended at all. You stay objective and like to use logic to make decisions.
* Is cool and relaxed, but always pushing to get things done. It’s important that you like to take responsibility and your main focus is delivering results…. and you absolutely HATE excuses.
The main components of the work would be:
* Helping our customers when they run into any trouble. (For example: helping them with their log-in information and password so they can access content, answering questions our customers have, processing refunds, etc.)
* Updating our spreadsheets and reports via Google Docs.
* Working closely with me to master the specifics of this position, create checklists, and successfully help our customers.
Important NOTE: Because I highly value my time, and sincerely respect yours, I will mention this again:
If you dislike rules, checklists, guidelines, and/or pride yourself on being a “Free Spirit”, anti-authority, counter-culture, wildly creative, or super-alternative, this job is NOT for you. I’m looking for someone who will work within the current business “machine” I’ve built, and is eager to help me make it bigger, stronger, faster by embracing the checklist mindset. Following and creating checklists is imperative. For the sake of your time and mine, do not apply if you feel bogged down by checklists.
If you’re interested, please apply using the following criteria:
Submit three sentence opening salutation that says: “Hey Tim, how is California treating you? My name is _________., I’m a customer support A-Player, am comfortable with technology, and love to help people. I’d like to apply for the job you posted on Upwork.com”
Reason #1 why you think this job is a fit for you. (3 sentences)
Reason #2 why you think this job is a fit for you (2 sentences)
Reason #3 why you think this job is a fit for you (4 sentences)
One sentence with your hourly income expectation.
Two sentence closing including: the title of your favorite book, and a closing salutation including your name, email address, and Skype.
Note: Please do NOT attach a resume; if you are shortlisted I may ask for one later.
Thanks I know the *right* applicant will really like this job. Maybe it’s you :)