I need the most compelling cover letter you can imagine for the most important job application I've ever submitted. The success of my application is so important to me that I've developed writer's block. Here's the job:
We are seeking a couple as full-time, resident caretakers that can commit to a minimum of a one-year stay. The position requires caretakers who are competent and capable with good communication skills, customer service focused, strongly self-motivated and self-disciplined, and who enjoy being creative, physically active, and being outside in nature. Our caretakers would act as stewards of the land but also hosts of our events, working closely with our group leaders and participants. You would be a member of the EarthRise at IONS team and would need to have a similar mindset to the existing staff and retreat goers.
Caretakers must be self-reliant, hard working, and agree to live in a residential facility prepared for them. Living quarters include a modular building which has a huge master bedroom, bath with shower, living/sitting area, and full kitchen. A golf cart is available for traversing the campus, and we can accommodate up to two personal vehicles on site at all times. Laundry is available on site. A phone is provided for the caretakers during their working hours. Caretakers cannot leave the property while on-duty.
Main daily/nightly duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Serve as the main on-site contacts for groups.
2. Perform general handyperson maintenance and report larger issues.
3. Conduct site orientations.
4. Assist guests into rooms.
5. Open and close main gate.
6. Vigilance for safety, especially during the fire season. Since EarthRise is private property, this also means escorting uninvited guests off the land.
· Knowledge of property management and hospitality.
· Solid handyperson skills, including basic electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems.
· High social and emotional intelligence
· Hospitality mindset with a friendly customer service attitude and flexibility is required.
· Team players and communicates effectively with staff, management, and guests.
· Strongly self-motivated and self-disciplined and able to work in a fast paced environment
· Gardening skills a plus.
· An interest in transformative education is desirable.
· Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
· Must be able to lift at least 30lbs. Walking, bending, lifting required.
· Work environment consists of beautiful vistas in a rural environment. While a golf cart is available, may need to walk distances of .25 mile at a time – this is the distance of one side of the campus to the other.
Institute of Noetic Sciences
The Institute of Noetic Sciences is a 43 year-old non-profit organization that is dedicated to fostering a transformation in consciousness through science, education, and community. We conduct, advance, and broaden the science of what connects us, reaching new understandings about the nature of reality and our extended capacities. From what we learn, we create real-world tools that empower people to apply conscious awareness in their personal lives, and in healthcare, education, and business. We host a vibrant community of explorers and change agents who are working together to make a difference in the world.