We are located near San Francisco, and provide remote, telephone and on-site technical support to residential and business clients who have 10 or fewer computers, typically.
Some of the most common remote services we provide are email setup & virus & malware removal; printer setup & troubleshooting; Help with Microsoft Office applications; Help with other common applications like iTunes, Quicken, Firefox; help with network connectivity; advice on repair vs replace; new computer specification, etc.
Our clients are high-income and require a high skill level, perfect communication skills, empathy, and technical advice. We charge by the hour, and some clients have prepaid service agreements. It’s very important to gain the client’s trust, identify and resolve their issue as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Most of the service calls involve using our remote-control software to remote into the client’s computer and provide the service. Other calls will be for telephone advice, or to answer questions. You will also fill-in for the Office Manager during breaks and vacations by answering the phone, setting up remote and on-site appointments, answering questions from prospective and existing clients.
The candidate will act as an in-house technical support expert and will be responsible for providing support to end users on a variety of technical issues.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Provides Tier 1 & 2 support to end users.
• Responds to client telephone calls, emails and personnel requests for technical support.
• Documents and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
• Identifies, researches and resolves technical problems, such as printing issues, malware/viruses, network connectivity issues, email problems, Microsoft Office issues.
• Troubleshoots, configures and installs residential & very small business computer systems and peripherals.
• Provides proactive and reactive monitoring and support of client computers, Microsoft servers, and other devices.
• Communicates with clients to provide status, feedback, or general information regarding their request or inquiry for service.
• Conducts client satisfaction call backs via phone and/or email and record results in the incident tracking system.
• Recommends systems modifications and upgrades to reduce user problems.
• Escalates issues that are not able to be resolved remotely to managers for resolution.
• Develops knowledge and technical skills on a continuous basis to stay abreast of current trends and developments in information technology.
Skills & Qualities
• Advanced knowledge of PC components, Networking hardware such as routers, switches, access points.
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of Mac computers, or willingness to learn.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft based server operating systems & networking protocols.
• Exposure to voice and data telecommunications systems and remote access technologies for support and office connectivity.
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Desktop operating systems and Office Automation tools (Office 2007-2016 Professional [Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,], Internet Explorer, etc.)
• Ability to set up and operate a variety of computer equipment.
• Ability to work efficiently, in an organized manner and with attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively regarding technical matters, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to interact with staff at all levels and to work under minimum supervision.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and work in a team setting.
• The position requires a steady commitment to 40 hours per week.
• We require that you make this your full-time, highest-priority commitment. We need you to be 100% present and available to do whatever it takes to get the job done well.
• This is a full-time position, Monday to Friday from 09:00am to 06:00pm Pacific Daylight Saving time (PDT).
• College graduate. Technical or Associate’s degree or equivalent in education and experience required.
• At least 3-5 years solid, relevant work experience
• Worked/interfaced directly with North American clients
• Work from home if/when required in a comfortable and QUIET ENVIRONMENT; a qualified home computer system and RELIABLE high speed internet connection (DSL or cable/broadband)
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills