Customer Service Representative with PERFECT English and a neutral accent. Again, this person must have an excellent grasp of the English language as they will be dealing with customers in the United States and Canada. If they speak Spanish they will be a preferred applicant.
This person will be working a minimum of 30 hours per week (6+ hours per day). The scheduled hours will be between 8AM to 5PM Central Standard Time (UTC−06:00), with a 1 hour break midway through the shift.
Reports to: Managing Director
Date: Starts Immediately
Interact with customers, provide information, resolve problems, and perform general office duties.
1. Receives customers' requests by telephone or email, analyzes requests, provides information requested or ascertains who can best provide the information, and routes the request to the proper person.
2. Maintains and updates company customer database.
3. Provides quotations to customers and takes orders. Checks and enters each order into the computer.
4. Manages the logistics process, controls freight cost, coordinates with vendors to ensure on-time shipment.
5. Tracks and manages orders throughout the fulfillment process, keeping customers updated on any changes from their original shipment date.
6. Resolves customer questions related to orders.
7. Enters samples and product literature requests for customer, as required.
8. Has knowledge of product line, prices, delivery time, and similar data, as required.
9. Listens to customer complaints, responds with patience, empathy and professionalism and acts as a problem solver for the customer.
10. Provides accounts receivable and accounts payable support, managing payments coming in and out of the company.
11. Manages files, enters data and performs other office duties.
12. Makes outgoing telephone calls to the customer on behalf of the company to follow up on recent orders, to ask about payment of invoices and to follow up on recent quotations.
13. Sends emails on behalf of sales people, as requested.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
One (1) year's experience working in an office environment. Experience using office software including email. Pleasant telephone voice and professional manner.
College Degree or Associates Degree
This person must have a VERY RELIABLE high speed internet connection and a quiet work environment.
Skills: sales, english