Goodlinks is a digital outreach service. We help online businesses to grow by connecting them with customers and influencers in their respective industries.
Our mission at Goodlinks is to fight against unemployment and underemployment by creating high-quality jobs and training programs in the online economy.
The Communications Coordinator / Outreacher Role
The communications coordinator / outreacher is at the very core of all that we do here at Goodlinks.
Communications coordinators / outreachers do the work of finding relevant contacts online, contacting them through personalized email and social media outreach, and following up regularly.
As a communications coordinator / outreacher, your responsibilities will include:
- Prospecting for contacts using Google and Follower Wonk
- Managing communication within our CRM (BuzzStream)
- Interacting with contacts over Twitter, Instagram and other social media accounts
- Crafting pitches to blog owners and writers
- Corresponding via email with contacts, customers, and other Goodlinks team members.
During your first 2 weeks with Goodlinks, you'll be trained in our system for outreach as well as all the tools that we use.
You'll learn how to use:
- BuzzStream for managing contacts
- SEO research tools such as Moz, SEMRush, and Ahrefs
- Prospecting tools such as Follower Wonk
While you may not have experience having done digital outreach before, you'll need to be sharp, creative, and hungry to learn about the field in order to succeed in it.
You should have the following skills / availability:
- Access to a computer with a good internet connection
- Familiar with using Gmail for email
- Familiar with Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Typing speed of 50 words per minute or more
- General familiarity with social media would be helpful
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal English
- Ability to write articles - few examples for reference (example 1, example 2)
- We have a Skype account that can be used to make and receive calls to/from US phone numbers
- Ability to overlap with our time zone (7am to 4pm Pacific)
The starting pay is $15/hour for 20 hours per week. Once you finish your training and are able to outreach independently (may take a month or two), you'll move up to $18 / hour.
Initially you'll start at 20 hours / week, and we will try to move you up from there based on the customer load that you have, towards 40 hours / week.
Additionally, within 6 months or so you may get to the point where you can bring in your own customers and manage them, leveraging the Goodlinks brand and resources to earn the lion's share of the revenue from those customers. We have a revenue share program to compensate you for new customers brought in.
This is a contract position (1099).
Team Member Testimonial
Here's a testimonial from Katie, one of our communications coordinators, on her Goodlinks job experience:
"About a year ago I found myself in a transitional period that might sound familiar to many of you. Unemployed, lots of experience but few job prospects, complicated by the fact that I was fairly certain I didn't want to continue working in the industry I was trained for. Going back to school was not an option because (also like many of you) I'll be paying off my first degree for decades.
I’m extremely appreciative to goodlinks for acknowledging that although there are many obstacles to employment in todays job market, the willingness of people to learn and adapt isn’t one of them. I’m even more grateful that they believed that notion enough to build an entire business model around it.
Working for goodlinks for me means so much more than a job. It means I get to pursue my dream of running an international children's charity NOW instead of waiting for retirement and financial freedom that might never come if I settle for a traditional career path.
It means that I don't need to bet on the job market improving in the future because goodlinks allows me to bet on myself NOW.
Most importantly it means that I can get out there and do good NOW while still earning a living because the people at goodlinks believe that these two things should be able to co-exist.
Thanks goodlinks for providing a path to employment to those willing to learn. It’s like the platitude I tell my students in the Make Our Day tutoring program, “If you’re not willing to learn no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.”
Love from Munchkinland,
If you're interested in applying, please respond to the screening questions we've indicated below.
We will review your application, and if selected, invite you to do a paid 4 hour evaluation.