SEND ME A MESSAGE SAYING "LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS" AS YOUR FIRST REPLY TO ME SO I KNOW YOU ARE A REAL PERSON.
This is a $5/hour job with potential for a raise. It's going to start part-time and move to full-time as quickly as possible if you're the right person for it. Also potential for bonuses. Flexible about taking holiday and family time off BUT if you say you are going to show up between 9-5 then that is the time we need you to be working.
I need someone who can help me manage multiple YouTube accounts. This involves:
1. Create cover photo designs and video thumbnail designs
2. Upload videos through our special software on a virtual private server
3. Do some editing on YouTube including adding a pre-written description, plugging in annotations, adding videos to playlists, etc.
4. Do light video editing like adding call to actions over videos, cropping videos, piecing videos together, etc. Preferably with ScreenFlow
5. Sending reports about channel analytics, traffic/click/lead/sale generation
6. Manage the uploading of multiple videos a day to multiple channels
7. Follow step by step training I've laid out for you on everything
I need someone who can communicate FAST and pay attention to detail. This is very important because we need to make sure videos and thumbnails aren't just put together properly but that they're uploaded to YouTube properly and then also plugged into our SEO software properly. It's a bit of an assembly line process, which is why it's important for us to keep an eye on everything to keep things running smoothly.
If you make a mistake on something I need you to ask me a question or tell me immediately. I won't be mad. It just means that we need to get a tighter system in place so that it doesn't happen again, but hiding it and trying to figure it out yourself when you're hitting a wall is just going to cause headaches so let's just be transparent about everything.
I'm a chill person to work for but I expect consistent production with open communication so that we can constantly take this to a new level.
Here's what to do next:
1. Let me know (and only if it's TRUE) that you can handle working inside of YouTube channels, doing light video editing, doing light graphic design, understand the social media landscape on YouTube and aren't confused by anything I just mentioned
2. Please show me examples of other YouTube channels you've worked with, any designs you've done, any video editing you've done, any work you'd consider related
3. Q: Why do you get out of bed in the morning?
4. Q: What's the last book you read and what did you get out of it?
5. Q: Can you give me an example of a time where you were asked to compromise safety, quality or business ethics for the sake of production or profit and what happened?
6. Q: Can you tell me about a time where you were given direct feedback and how you handled it?
7. Q: What type of work environment do you thrive in?
8. Q: How many hours per month/week/day can you work? What days do you not work?
9. Q: Do you have children, another job, other clients or anything else that would demand your attention and possibly pull time away from working hours?
10. Q: Do you have fast internet and a generally stable area to live in where it stays up most of the time or do you have slow internet in an area that gets a lot of outages from storms?
11. Q: Can you tell me about your least favorite manager or least favorite person you've worked for and why they earned that title? Total freedom here, I won't judge! I want to know what kind of people you work well with and who you have a hard time working with.
12. SHOOT ME A PERSONAL VIDEO and let me know why you'd be a good fit to work with me and my team. Let us know about your values and how you can bring value to us and why we should pick to work with YOU over everyone else on this site.
Looking forward to hearing from you, getting to know you and even welcoming you to the team if you can pass our tests with flying colors :)
"May the odds be ever in your favor"
- Benjamin Jacques