We are looking for an exceptional PR/Social Media Strategist who has a strong understanding of, and experience with various communications channels – particularly media relations, influencer relations, content marketing, social media outreach and engagement - and who can take an active role in leading all aspects of our B2C campaigns for residential lighting.
We are a fast growing manufacturer of value oriented contemporary mounted and portable lighting – including pendant and other ceiling lights, vanity and wall lighting, sconces and table lamps. We sell our products on various online marketplaces such as Amazon, Wayfair and Houzz.
You will cultivate relationships with reporters, bloggers and other influencers, serving as the day-to-day contact and looking for opportunities to secure positive PR and other desired outcomes. You must be able to secure quality media placements and it is your responsibility to research reporters and outlets, brainstorm new approaches and ensure that you are bringing new coverage opportunities. We are looking for someone who has the ability to build an instant rapport via email or other communications, to pique their interest and show our company in the best possible light.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Researching relevant media outlets, whether web/digital, print or TV, via web search or social searching and identification of the ideal contact person
• Establishing contact with this person via email, social media or phone
• Conveying our story - what we strive to accomplish, and our charitable mission - in an engaging manner, while highlighting the relevance to their audience
• Facilitate interviews with the CEO as needed
• Maintain a database and follow up with reporters, bloggers, and influencers regularly
We are seeking a candidate with existing experience and contacts within the home decor and/or furniture spaces.