Gathr Films is looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing, and detail-oriented individual to join the grassroots marketing for the release of the upcoming documentary film Thank You For Your Service.
Thank You for Your Service takes aim at our superficial understanding of war trauma and the failed policies that result. Observing the systemic neglect, the film argues for significant internal change and offers a roadmap of hope. Interviews include Defense Secretary Robert Gates, Admiral Mike Mullen, Generals David Petraeus and Loree Sutton, Nicholas Kristof, Dexter Filkins, Senator Patty Murray, Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson.
Gathr Films has revolutionized theatrical distribution by turning thousands of screenings in movie theaters across the country into opportunities to elicit discussion, action, donations, and community activation so that documentaries can truly be the catalyst for change.
● Reaching out to local organizations or community groups primarily via calls, emails etc.
● Securing commitments from individuals to host screenings of Thank You For Your Service in their city
● Coordinate with the Field Director and Campaign Director to ensure effective communication of campaign initiatives and values to potential local screening hosts
● Evaluating grassroots outreach initiatives via lead feedback and data-driven analytics
● Service-oriented, positive attitude, and strong teamwork ability.
● Good communication skills
● Well organized
● Able to work independently and in a team environment
● High school degree required; some college courses preferred but not required.
● Good writing skills a plus
● Experience with and understanding of the U.S. Military and Department of Veterans’ Affairs structure, procedures, and policies a plus
● Professional education through the U.S. military and/or veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
This position is Part-time, hourly and temporary.
Job location: Remote