OpenTaxi.cab has been in stealth mode for exactly 2 years and now is ready not just for public release, but to take on Halloween, one of the two biggest nights for taxi.
We are to launch in Los Angeles. As of now, outside just a few people, no one knows we exist. We have perfected our product and made features available that Uber doesn't have. Some of what we have:
1) Passengers are the dispatchers. Get to see the driver before you order them.
2) Favorite or blacklist drivers.
3) Schedule rides in advance known as time calls.
4) Pay a nominal booking fee.
5) View and track your trip on smartphone, desktop, or tablet.
6) Real time fare pricing shown as your trip progresses. This is the equivalent of looking at the taximeter but on your mobile device.
7) Remotely track a loved one's trip from anywhere in the world.
8) Color coded Jump In Code making it impossible NOT to know your driver.
9) Create a time call or order a taxi for others wherever they may be.
10) Details section so you can give the driver all the data they need to find you.
11) Tipping module.
12) Never surge pricing. Rates can NOT exceed what is set by the meter.
13) This is what you have to love the most, The Plunge. Just like Uber can raise rates, we can lower them up to half off government rates.
14) Distance and Time calculations are used and shown for the fare. So you are paying for measures and not some number made up.
15) You get charged for time when the wheels are almost stopped. In other words if you have a ride with no stopping at all for say 60 minutes, unlike Uber, we won't charge you any time. Only distance.
16) When you schedule a ride in advance (30 minute to 30 days), you can set the plunge you want the driver to set the fare to.
To get a glimpse of what we have, go here:
Type in the pick-up 6500 hollywood blvd los angeles to see mock cabs.
One of the big advantages of the OpenTaxi app we think is that it is web based. Meaning you don't have to download anything on your mobile device.
Just a simple tap on the browser, you see the available cabs, if you like what you see, sign-in and order.
One thing we can guarantee, taxi will be much much cheaper for Halloween than Uber.
What we are looking for in a contractor.
1) Convert the best parts of the app into 500 words or less. Please note I'll send you over a PR that I have been working on. You are more than welcome to incorporate it or not.
2) Select PR WEB or PR NEWSWIRE or any other wire service that can get us in front of main stream media.
Some of the sites we are interested in are:
Tech Crunch, LA Times, Motherboard, Buzzfeed, The Verge, Vanity Fair, Business Insider...
We are willing to work on a flat for for this. Halloween will be celebrated on the 29th which is a Saturday. We would like to gauge user interest before it obviously. So say a publication date of Tuesday the 25th should do...
I already have references and quotes setup.
Let me say this up front, please, if you do NOT have any PR experience with proven results in the technology field, do NOT waste your time or mine by submitting.
I look forward to reading your cover letters