I am founder of MathSpire, a startup developing software to teach ALevel maths. We are using a variety of methods (including videos, problems, interactive graphs) to develop a comprehensive, intelligent and adaptive course. We are based in Cambridge, UK and have links to the university and business school. There are currently two of us working full time on programming and educational material, and a few consultants.
We need someone to take charge of a number of marketing tasks, including:
- Helping to write content (website, emails, pitches)
- Communication with partners and potential customers
- Continuing market research and testing
- Representing MathSpire at events
We estimate 5-10hrs work per week initially, in collaboration with the founder. We use Office 365 for collaboration and often work over Skype. (We will provide all licenses and software needed.) The role may expand depending on performance, experience and interest and may lead to a permanent position.
- Independent. While many tasks will be done together with the founder, the ability to execute on marketing tasks independently will be highly appreciated.
- Great communication skills, both in writing and in person.
- Interest in education and willingness to learn and engage with schools, teachers and students.
We have a preference for someone UK-based since occasional travel may be required in future.
Thank you for your interest in MathSpire.