Wanted: Marketing Assistant Portugal
To ensure the expansion of our peer-to-peer car sharing business in Portugal, CarAmigo is looking to recruit a Marketing Assistant.
** JOB DESCRIPTION (see BUSINESS description below) **
The Assistant will be responsible for liaising with PR and Digital agencies, customers and internal management on creating engagement/interaction strategies that incorporate the use of (mainly) social medias to expand the awareness of CarAmigo.
* Take lead and execute on all media support business and management activities planned by CarAmigo : initial focus on social medias & PR, then regular ads on newspapers, magazines, TVs etc. campaigns
* Take lead role and project media services implementation
* Help design, recommend and monitor media interaction strategies
* Define and recommend Service Level Agreements for providers
* Assess opportunities to expand media & PR services
* Review current trends in media and take lead on communicating best practices and trends
* Articulate business sense and value of new technologies and practices within media and customer service
* Provide all relevant media and customer service training to appropriate parties
* Develop and manage together with CarAmigo management media best practices community for the company
* Create or review translations
* Marketing support & sometimes operational support
* Provide subject matter expertise for the organization on media related issues
* Represent CarAmigo on media events, meetings with providers or partners (insurance or roadside assistance companies)
* Bachelor`s degree, preferably in a Marketing or Business administration
* Minimum of 5 (five) years of media or customer service experience
* Experience utilizing PR & media as a communication tool and active engagement in social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram)
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media
* Active Facebook or Twitter accounts is mandatory
* Good awareness of personal blogging
* Community management skills and ability to act as both a community advocate and a company advocate
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Excellent presentation and business communication skills
* Analytical thinking
* Proficient oral and verbal skills in EN and PT, if possible other languages
* MS Office proficiency
** BUSINESS DESCRIPTION **
CarAmigo is a peer-to-peer carsharing marketplace which allows people to rent out their own car to people who need one for a few hours or days. All of this with an MTPL & comprehensive insurance (in Belgium with a subsidiary of Axa), and a 24/7 roadside assistance (in Belgium with Touring Club).
In other words, we're the "Airbnb for cars".
For the sake of clarity, we're not Uber (ridesharing) nor are we Car2go ("regular" carsharing).
We have numerous studies from big names like McKinsey, Roland Berger, Deloitte, etc.. showing that usage-based mobility (vs. owned mobility) is going to skyrocket in the coming years, and we don't expect PT to be any different, hence our thinking about extending there.
Our latest news
* Our partnership with Ford: Belgian startup CarAmigo strikes a partnership with Ford: http://startups.be/content/belgian-startup-caramigo-strikes-partnership-ford
* Our fiscal "ruling" deal: Forbes Magazine: Has Crowdsharing Come Of Age ? http://www.forbes.com/sites/theopriestley/2015/10/22/has-crowdsharing-come-of-age/
* CarAmigo as one of the 5 Who’s Who in Europe’s mobility equation according to PWC: http://www.worldinbeta.com/blog/europe-mobility-equation