Are you an experienced business development professional? Are you confident when it comes to developing sales programs for both cold outbound and warm inbound clients in specific industries? Are you looking for an opportunity where your work directly contributes to the growth and success of the company, but still have the freedom to work remotely? (And have fun:)
If the answers to these questions are “yes”, then this may be the opportunity for you!
MISSION & GOALS: To find, nurture and convert potential Joy Works Marketing customers in need of website design, redesign and online marketing strategy.
SALES: Grow online marketing and website redesign sales to $500,000 by 1/31/2017.
- This role will be responsible for refining our 5 lead channels through testing and measuring. (The 5 channels currently are referrals, webinars, LinkedIn, our website and networking.)
- You will be responsible for tracking number of leads, conversion rate, number of transactions, profit margins and average dollar sale.
- Leveraging marketing and account and project management team members to develop program agreements will be key in enrolling new leads into JWM services.
- Increase margins by focusing on high-value clients, facing high-value problems, at high-value moments in time.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: Achieve 90% customer satisfaction by selling appropriately-scoped design and online marketing projects, as well as providing excellent support.
- Developing and managing potential client relationships will be key.
- You will be responsible for transitioning new contracts to the team over the course of the first month post-sale, after which you would remain on as a secondary point of contact for the new client (Account & Project Manager will become the primary point of contact).
- Searching for opportunities to improve efficiencies in sales will be key. This would also include continue learning about the newest trends and tools available.
- Work closely with the operations team, ensuring that we’re accurately scoping projects and coming in at or under our budgets. (Specifically the Account & Project Manager and Marketing Manager.)
HIRING: Build a 2-person A sales team underneath you by 1/31/2017 who will become responsible for enrolling new clients with you as their manager and trainer.
STRATEGY: Contribute to the new 2017 strategic plan; create the sales part of the plan and collaborate with the Marketing Managers on the marketing part of the plan, which syncs with the rest of the plan, by 12/31/2016.
- Setting goals for each month, quarter and year; using specific metrics and KPIs to test and measure sales performance.
ABOUT YOU: In addition to having a strong foundation in sales, you should also have:
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in a sales and marketing leadership role (agency and client-side experience preferred).
- A working knowledge of marketing automation, remarketing, paid search and display advertising, Google Analytics, content marketing, SEO, email marketing and social media.
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal.
- Confidence - you are confident in your ability to report on and drive performance of sales.
- A team focus - your team is like your family, and your work helps the entire team succeed.
- Fast and reliable internet and phone connections.
- A openness to new ideas from other team members and promote others’ willingness to contribute to my growth.
- Most importantly you enjoy what you do!
ABOUT US: Joy Works Marketing is an online marketing company that is passionate about helping the travel and lifestyle industries increase their online sales. The foundation of our business are our core values of joy, profitability, simplicity, teamwork and ownership. These values guide us as we help our customers achieve their business and marketing goals through our 3 primary services, website redesign, monthly marketing programs and reporting.
HOURS & COMPENSATION: This is currently a part-time (20 hour/week) position, with room to grow as more clients are brought on board by our amazing sales team, you:)
The hourly compensation for the 1st 3 months is $20/hour + monthly commission of 5% of revenue on all sales (including recurring contract sales for up to the first year). The target monthly contract revenue is $75,000/month, which includes recurring contracts and the average sales cycle is 1-3 months. After your 3 month trial period, the hourly rate will change to $15/hour and a tier will be established for sales, for example if $50,000 milestone is reached, you would receive 7% and then if $100,000 milestone is reached you would receive 9%.
TO APPLY: Send us a cover letter that tells us how your skills and experience fit with this position and why you want to work with us. The interview process will include a Q&A on Upwork and a video call with myself. We expect to make a hiring decision by August 8.
Looking forward to starting a conversation!
All the best,