Once upon a time when my SEO agency was all shiny and brand new I did all the work myself and life was good. Before long THAT wasn't realistic so I hired a couple folks to help out and life was good again.
Before long things were getting missed and stuck. So in my infinite wisdom, I woke up one day and thought "I need project managers!" What I ended up getting was people who called themselves project managers but really were very good at making lists of things waiting on the client, waiting on me and waiting on the team but nothing was MOVING FORWARD! :) In their defense, you KNOW how downright bloody impossible it can be to get the smallest things from clients sometimes!
So, in my frustration one day, I stepped BACK and looked at the LIST of items we could do, should do for our clients and I realized I didn’t need a writer, a designer, 1-2 developers, project managers, Google 'specialist', - 90% of the items that would help our clients I could do MYSELF.
SO….. THAT BRINGS US TO TODAY.
I need 2-3 bright, smart, helpful, SUPERSTARS. If you look at what I have spent w my team, how long I have done this, my site, my testimonials, my speaking engagements you will see I am very genuine and sincere in wanting to do great work with excellent people. www (.) sawwebmarketing.com
Our clients are all on retainer. They hire us to help grow their business online. They trust me and for SOME crazy reason trust me :) I will always be the primary point of contact for all the clients. My intention is not for you to have to 'manage the account' but you may need to ask them for information from time to time.
I am attaching a pretty comprehensive monthly report we compile and send to clients each month.
WHAT I NEED
Somebody who can look at that report, knowing we are going to send them a new one the following month and determine HOW can they do something that will put some GREEN (progress) marks on the board and hopefully less ORANGE (sliding back)
That’s it. Sample tasks will include things like:
- Looking at Moz or SEO PowerSuite and seeing what images are missing an ALT TAG and going into Wordpress and fixing
- Make sure their Google My Business profile is verified and complete and looks great
- Build some links for them (not hard once you know how and I can show you)
- Create citations (Whitespark is a great tool to track our progress and I pay for it monthly)
- There is a pile of technical items that if you are GOOD in Wordpress you can handle most of and if not then we have a dev on staff you can use
***** You DON’T have to be some SEO guru to do these items. GOOD with Wordpress WILL be important. ******
SKILLS THAT ARE IMPORTANT
- Ability to write well (I don’t, I know) so we don’t look like morons when you report on progress to me and copy the client :)
- Somebody who has the ability to keep things 'alive' that are waiting on me (or the client)
- The ability to FIND something to do (from the giant list of ideas or the monthly report) that you are comfortable doing
- The ability to figure things out is really huge. Just stop and think "ok, this is what I need and I've asked the client but I didn’t ask the receptionist or maybe I can Google it and figure out (whatever it is)
WHAT I DON’T NEED
- Some self-proclaimed 'seo guru' who knows everything about everything :)
- Anybody to use Fiver or run 'reports' using automated tools and call that 'progress'
- Somebody to do anything spammy or slimy in any way
- Somebody who considers reminding me (or the client) what they need, and nothing else, as 'work'. That is helpful and necessary and part of the job but NOT all of it.
- Sloppy work. Reporting that you build citations but you don’t have complete client info and we didn’t discuss what email account to use is SLOPPY.
Just so I KNOW you actually read this entire crazy long post when you respond please put the name of the CEO of Twitter in the subject line. Applications without this will be deleted and not read. I want GOOD people who really care and WANT to do work they are proud of. Who want to have a solid relationship with somebody who is counting on them that they can trust. The workload will depend on the person. if you are good and want 10-15 hours a week to start I can do that. If, after we work together a bit, you want more hours we can do that as well. This WILL be a LONG TERM POSITION for sure.
If this sounds like we would be a good fit I would LOVE to hear from you :)
Have an awesome rest of your week!