This SQL Server Admin must be able to work efficiently during the hours of 9:00 PST to 4:00 AM PST. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CAN NOT WORK DURING THESE HOURS SPECIFICALLY.
- Must be highly skilled in Microsoft SQL Server cluster, cluster maintenance and operations.
- Must have strong attention to duty to review planned maintenance activities, and validate service operations pre and post change management.
- Own and manage client production database systems and related processes.
- Architect, implement, and maintain highly scalable OLTP and reporting environments.
- Monitor database operations, detect, respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Analyze stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Provide input during database design, using best practices and standards.
- Build database schema, tables, procedures and permissions based on functional specifications and user requirements.
- Collaborate with clients of varying technical levels in complex environments.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports and queries in response to business user needs.
- Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, enhance coding standards, quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Plan, coordinate and execute data migrations between systems when needed.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.
- Provide occasional off-hours emergency response support.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science, engineering, or mathematics.
- 5+ years of experience with MS SQL in a DBA role and responsibilities.
- 5+ years of experience with Windows Server platform.
- Track record of resolving database-related issues, working closely with development, project management, business and infrastructure peers. This includes the identification and resolution of information flow, content issues, and the transformation of business requirements into database definitions.
- Experience with clustered SQL Server environment
- Ability to support complex databases with replication and high-availability across several MS-SQL versions. Support activities include analyzing, testing, and implementing physical database designs to support various business applications.
- Comfortable with MS SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS database support systems and have performed version upgrades (SQL 2005/2008/2014).
- Strong written and oral communication, documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, good judgment, and ability to lead a technical cross-functional project team.
- Ability to independently provide project cost and time estimates for database related tasks. Ability to work individually and with team members.
- Proficient production support skills with the ability to understand the impact of a problem on overall DB performance.
- Strong DB management skills incorporating backup and recovery best practices in a high-availability environment.
- Excellent DB performance tuning, replication, monitoring and best practices processes.
- Experience with SQL Server vendor database utility products and monitoring tools.
- Technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting SQL Server based solutions.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills, ability to research database issues, standards and products.
- Understanding of applicable data privacy practices and legal compliance requirements.