Hello! Thank you for viewing our posting.
We are interested in a mechanical engineer (or technologist) to help us complete our HVAC designs. Ideally, we are looking for candidates that have experience with:
- ducting of Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRVs)
- ducted forced air systems (i.e furnace, roof top units, etc)
- hydronic radiant in-floor heating
- electric baseboard or electric mat heating
We are anticipating the workflow to look like this:
- The candidate would create a floor plan in Draftsight (free 2D program from the makers of Solidworks) by copy/pasting/deleting from provided architectural floor plans.
- The candidate would create a conceptual HVAC layout in Draftsight. We will be provide the information for the type of HVAC system and potential constraints in the layout.
- We would seek approval of the layout from the client.
- After approval from the client, the candidate would size the HVAC system based on templates that we have developed in Excel. We would provide the Excel templates and assistance in understanding how to complete it.
- Lastly, the candidate will update the conceptual HVAC layout with the sizing determined from the Excel spreadsheet. There will be minor work to detail the drawing with legends, notes, revision numbers, etc. The above will also be completed in Draftsight.
I will be making a short video to describe the work and process. I can send you a link if the above work interests you. If you have alternative methods to make the work easier for you, we would be interested to hear your feedback.
This posting is for one-project; however, we receive a couple projects monthly. We hope that you would be interested in doing similar work for other projects.
Thank you again for viewing our posting. We look forward to hearing from you.