For many years we have used an excel sheet to quickly estimate prices on out steel buildings. And If the customer is satisfied with the price we project the building in Autocad/Inventor. We now want to make an online program where customers themselves can plot in the data they have for their building, and they get a price right away.
We are getting many b2b customers, that use our current prototype to estimate prices of out buildings. So we have thought about using Autodesk inventor, and getting this on our website. After the customer have the price and have configured the building the way he want, he send the whole project to us, and we get the drawings ready for us to use in Inventor or Autocad.
The configurator should be able to:
-Calculate price on the building.
- There shall be possible to add accesories to the building, doors, windows, gates etc. Drag and drop placement of windows, doors and gates
- Graphical animate the building based on the user input
- The user shall be able to create an account, and there the user can see the projects he has calculated earlier.
- User shall be able to save their project/building. So that they later can login and modify this project.We want to be able to change prices in the backend.
- The program shall be able to produce dfx files of the building.
- Administrator shall be able to open a project that is made by the user and modify it.
- User shall be able to print the project, with drawings and prices.
- Program shall animate the building based on the input of the user. 2d is most important, but 3d would also be nice.
We have made 2 prototypes of the program. The program is made with unity. So this program is lacking the engineering professionality we want.
Here is a link to the prototype:
What is missing in the programs is:
- more detailed graphics
- DFX files
- There has been made to many compromises in this program.
See the prototype here: http://kxt.dk/otec/index.html
For other inspiration we have looked at :
This one is very advanced. It is not necessary for us to have it this advanced.
It is hard to set a budget on a job like this. We do not have a fixed budget, and are open to all solutions.