Pixowl Games is looking for talented Level Designers to create cutting edge level designs for our upcoming The Sandbox 2 mobile game title. We're looking for top talent with strong experience in 2D level design for AAA titles. If you're interested in jumping in and working on a new project with some of the most talented developers in the industry, apply today!
The Sandbox 2 just won the Most Promising IP awards this week at Game Connection Dev Awards and also was finalist in:
- IGMA 12th Awards in Best Upcoming Games of 2016
- Game Connection America Developer Awards: Most Creative Game, Best Mobile/Tablet Game, Best Promising IP Game, Best Casual Game
- Design & Create stunning 2D platformer-like game levels of various degrees of difficulty, from very easy for casual players to insanely hard for hardcore players
- Plan, build, and revise interesting layouts for 2D platformer oriented type of gameplay.
- Design and own systems/mechanics from concept to completion.
- Create and iterate on the second to second experiences.
- Implement gameplay using the in-game level editor and optionally the scripting tools available
- Collaborate with the Design, Art, and Development teams to create and refine gameplay mechanics and Level Design.
- Prioritize well and meet deadlines, communicate progress with the Lead Level Designer well and frequently.
- Serious passion for 2D Platformer games (all platforms) and Mobile Games.
- Demonstrable experience creating gameplay in a 2D environment.
- Strong creative and technical design skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate an engaging gameplay experience and the technical ability to carry out your vision.
- Experience in Unity, Stencyl, Game Maker Studio, Buildbox or any other equivalent level editors.
- 2-3 years professional design experience.
- Self-motivated with the highest level of attention to detail.
- Works well independently with a minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills.
- Takes and understands direction and feedback well, meets deadlines and handles multiple tasks.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with developing your own 2D indie game
The Sandbox 2 Game Description:
- Website: http://www.thesandbox2.com
- Intro Video: https://youtu.be/9FzRxMi1pI4
- Game Teaser: https://youtu.be/NDnNWLCOCnA
Use your godly powers to craft amazing pixel worlds or destroy the universe!
Welcome to The Sandbox, the #1 pixel art world creation game. Play with physics, over 150 elements & blocks, characters and heroes. Make your own games or levels then share your creations online. There are no limits to your creativity and imagination! Can you become the ultimate creator?
We are the Producers of : The Sandbox, the 2D pixel-art world builder game, which was downloaded on iOS, Android and PC over 16M times, and named among Best Games of 2012 on the App Store!
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with development studios in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Pixowl is an already established leader mobile game studio.
We have a state of the art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers and designers.
If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work the most compelling platform on mobile where people can play and create worlds, please apply online.