I am looking for someone to assist with Overflow Support Administration work for my operational change management / business process improvement consultancy. I use CIP (the Continuous Improvement Program) as the mechanism for change, focusing on creating systems, processes, teams and a culture that enables my client businesses to function well and move forward at a faster rate.
• Initially the role is 2-5 hours a week with the possibility of this being extended, potentially more for client project work.
You are naturally curious and enjoy being creative with business documents and business writing. It’s easy to develop a document which captures badly written notes from a whiteboard, verbal instructions for a new procedure or an idea that requires team input. It’s easy to write your own first draft content and to read and edit someone else’s basic business writing.
Great communications mean ensuring a document looks right (formatting) and sounds right (reads well).
You are completely comfortable dealing with very broad business processes you may have never experienced before – vehicle fleet, pricing, new HR policies, construction, technical products, marketing, IT computer systems etc. You don’t need detailed instructions or perfect knowledge about a topic. You just need enough information to help you get started on the formatting and basic first draft writing.
It’s the variety and the opportunity to learn that makes your career an enjoyable adventure.
Key Responsibilities for the Overflow Support Administrator – Word, PowerPoint, communications:
• Formatting and typing documents following our corporate ID
• Setting up Microsoft word, PowerPoint, emails, web based documents
• Typing and formatting handwritten information from whiteboards, note pages
• Transcribing dictated information
• Formatting and creating first draft (basic) articles for newsletters, emails, company intranets
• Writing and reviewing procedures
• Developing PowerPoint presentations
• Other miscellaneous tasks that can be performed online
• Ability to handle large downloads / uploads of multiple documents & large individual files
• Must be accessible, online and on Elance /UpWork View during agreed-upon office hours
The ideal person will have:
• Intermediate to advanced skills in word and PowerPoint (including a strong knowledge of style management, multilevel lists, developer controls, document templates)
• An ability to interpret bad handwriting
• Enjoy typing, setting up tables, creating diagrams & flowcharts
• A reliable broadband connection & be available for online meetings
• Operating Microsoft Office 365
• An understanding of Google suite of products, Dropbox, Asana, & managing files on SharePoint
• The ability to operate Citrix / Cisco VPN software & desktop apps
• Comfortable working with the English language (spelling, grammar, punctuation)