Not-For-Profit Administrative Assistant
We are looking for a dynamic Administrative Assistant to work as an Independent Consultant providing headquarter services, office administration, financial and records management, and leadership support to a leading industry association. The successful candidate must be an energetic team player with outstanding organizational and time management skills, excellent communication/interpersonal skills and a strong customer service orientation.
• Provide courteous and timely response to all phone calls and routing of calls, mail and electronic correspondence to the appropriate Executives and Board Members.
• Provide appropriate association management expertise and administrative support as required.
• Establish and maintain regular contact with the international Chapter Counsel as well as other Chapters to keep the Board informed of current events and information facilitating Chapter efficiency and effectiveness.
• Maintain a continuously updated computerized member and prospect member database capable of producing mailing labels, mailing lists, name labels, registration lists and customized exception reports to board members, as needed on a monthly, quarterly, and/or annual basis.
• Reconcile Chapter's membership list with the roster of members obtained from the international headquarters.
• Attend various committee meetings and provide administrative support as and when required.
• Actively promote the association's programs, credentials and the value of membership. Direct inquiries.
• House and maintain master files, official documents and current material.
• Maintain adequate supplies of branded stationary, printed material and other Chapter collateral.
• Manages financial transactions for the chapter – receive and reconcile funds to banking records, including credit card charges.
• Manage accounts payable (A/P) – Process and pay all invoices and expenses.
• Generate invoices for payment and manage account receivables (A/R).
• Complete data entries of financial transactions for bookkeeping activities.
• Provide ongoing support to the Treasurer and assist in monthly financial reporting and annual Chapter certification reporting and filings.
• Document, monitor and report all revenue and expenses against approved annual budget.
• Maintain the association’s Website as current and accurate based on program and event information provided. Will include posting event details, career opportunities, surveys, election details as provided by the Board of Directors.
• Support Social Media activities as and when required.
• Provide email bulletins to members and prospects
• Attend all chapter events and provide set-up, take-down and event management services throughout the event
• Coordinate logistics for all events
• Provide a detailed project plan and notes for each scheduled event; breakdown of schedule, sponsor information, president's speech/notes for the evening
• Provide weekly reporting to the Board
• Attend monthly Board meetings, complete minutes and action item documentation for all Board Meetings.
• Help in special projects as requested.
• University degree and/or college diploma preferred
• Five to eight years related office administrative and bookkeeping experience.
• Experience working with a non-profit association a definite asset.
• Outstanding organizational, decision making and time management skills are a MUST HAVE.
• Strong event management experience is desired.
• Strong PC, MS Excel, and database management skills are required.
• Self motivated, strong initiative, works well with autonomy and is quality/results driven.
• Must be able to effectively present information both in one-on-one setting and in small group situations to the Board, its' committees and/or members of the association.
• Home office within the Greater Toronto Area preferred.
The Person Must be located within the GTA, Ontario Canada