I'd like to develop a simple video editor (non-linear), when I mean simple I mean that we only need the basic features of a video editor.
- Import videos of any format/size (images, music, swf)
- drag and drop videos to the timeline
- unlimited audio,video, images, transitions, effects TRACKS on the timeline
- Text options, Captions, Bubbles, Arrows and Blur effects
- Fade in fade out for audio AND/OR Video + Volume for audio
- PREVIEW - real time viewing of timeline elements
- Rendering in different formats
- I will integrate it with ADOBE AIR so you need to be a bit familiar with it
- it should work on (compile) Windows 32/64 and Mac 32/64
- For the screen capture we will use ffmpeg, detect audio devices (system audio AND/OR microphone) and select AREA to record all with a separate GUI a small box with screen recording options. (We can leave this for the end)
- Timeline options, copy, paste, cut, split, trim, hide, unlock/lock (audio/video)
- The GUI is like the standard video editors, preview and import on top and timeline at the botton
- Allow me to save projects, save as, load...
- You must have experience with libav, GStreamer Editing Services and non-linear editor development.
We could use the source of a video editor project (github) as a sample.