An opportunity exists for a talented mid to senior web developer / designer to join an award winning Web Design and Development Agency based in Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast, Australia.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for design and build of new websites, update and maintenance of existing clients' websites and managing the agency’s other website/digital projects.
An energetic web designer who is passionate about translating complex user needs into creative digital solutions and is looking for frequent challenges to expand his/her skill set. You will have at least 3 years of website experience with an online portfolio that showcases your work. We are looking for someone with strong design skills who also understands the principles behind layout, navigational structure and call to action strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT, Design, Multimedia or related field and/or equivalent work
- 3+ years’ experience designing and developing modern web applications.
- Understanding UX/UI concepts and Interface Usability.
- Experience with WordPress development and design.
- Knowledge of Bootstrap framework.
- Hosting accounts management via WHM or Cpanel (setting up hosting accounts and DB
- Experience and understanding of E-commerce platforms.
- Strong Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Indesign skills.
- Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to organise and prioritise individual workload in order to meet required
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, team leads, and on occasionally
with business users.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, accept ownership of work, and actively
contribute to team discussions.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Natural problem-solver and troubleshooter.
- Self-motivated and creative thinker.
- Experience in branding would be great.
- Project Management skills (ideal but not essential)
- WorkflowMax experience (ideal but not essential)
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
We are not your ordinary company and we are not looking for an ordinary candidate. To ensure we are not wasting our time even looking at your resume we will need the following:
- Cover letter explaining why we NEED to hire you and how you tick our boxes
- Resume with relevant previous jobs, skill set and experiences
- Links to sites you have designed
- An example of the piece of work you are most proud of
Be part of a portfolio of fun and innovative projects. You'll be working on a variety of projects with other key team players. We love to learn more about the person rather than just the resume of experience. Looking forward to chatting soon!
Ongoing job with a chance to become fulltime. Looking for junior level.