1. Only interested in freelancers with a 90% and more rating with excellent feedback.
2. Initially when we start working…before you go into full design mode, you need to show me at least two concept ideas based on what I have explained below.
3. You need to be someone that is highly creative, but also pay attention to what we have discussed, so you can take that idea and run with it, mix it up, add your own originality to the mix and bring back something great, because you GET IT and can help us express the voice of our brand.
Without a lot of hand holding and back and forth. So you can present something that is awesome that don’t need any change, or only slight revisions. Or something that gives us a great start but we need to rework/revise it, as needed based on feedback.
4. With that said, though this calls for your creativity and taking initiative as well as listening to direction of what is needed while adding in your own create style and direction. It is very important that you don’t get too wrapped up into a concept design idea that we may need to change/edit/revise, because it does not work.
5. These designs that you help me in creating for our brand, cannot be reproduced from other people's work. So even if I show you examples it is just to be used for inspiration and to give ideas. What we produce has to be fresh, attractive and wearable.
6. Willing to collaborate and listen to your creative and professional advice to create the best designs for our brand and company image. Open to see idea mockups or examples.
T-shirt design amount for initial budget:
Please let me know how much designs you can provide for the initial budget. Following that we will keep creating new milestones for additional work and new designs for this.
T-shirt Design Requirements:
It will be a mix of graphics and words and in some instances more words than graphics.
What I will provide:
1. I will be providing the words from my own inspirational writing and quotes. You just need to help me to bring it alive in a wearable and enjoyable format that help customers inspire, motive and express themselves with our products.
2. I will provide links to other websites and similar products for ideas
3. I will provide initial discussion to bring out new ideas, that you need to take and develop on.
1. We want to start with at least 8 great designs. Let us know if you think its feasible to create 8 designs with our current budget.
We can always negotiate, if needed and add new milestones, as needed.
Converting Original Artwork to Computer printing format question:
Also let me know if you have expertise/experience with converting original art into computer graphic (that I may provide later). This basically to computerize it and make it high quality to be able to print on clothing and paper. Just like the other T-shirts designs you originally do from the computer.
Upfront Disclosure on Expertise/Experience:
Please let me know upfront what your expertise and skillsets are and what your limitations are too. This will allow us to hire you only for one or several things, but still agree to hire another team member to help you do something that you are not good at, so you can concentrate on what you do best.
For example, if you can only do T-shirt design with words and you are no good at creating graphic art work to go with the words, let me know that too.
Keep in mind the following:
1. This is a small startup and we are doing everything on a shoestring budget so money is tight. However we are still willing to negotiate and be fair as long as it is reasonable, as I value your work and contribution.
2. Some of the designs you help us to create with our words, may not sell as well as others. However, if we put it out there and it doesn't sell...we will just keep creating more and recycling and making changes as needed and doing creative and heavy marketing until we make it work.
3. We can always negotiate pricing.
4. This work will be ongoing. The better the work you provide, the more work you will get from us.
5. Interested in long term and great working relationship: After this first set of designs goes well, I will also consider you for doing additional designs for my other startup businesses and additional design work that will be needed for other things (see below)
Additional Design work:
Later on, I will be needing designs for canvas prints and other things that I will be printing my writing on, in the form of poems, quotes/memes and so on.
Looking forward to working with you.