We are looking for a motivated and talented Front End WordPress Developer / Graphic Designer to join our boutique digital agency! We have a distributed team with key team members based on the Central Coast of NSW and Queensland's Gold Coast. Thus, this role offers the ability for the right candidate to work from home.
We are a full service digital agency offering our clients a range of solutions including website design and development, strategic brand planning, search engine optimisation & search engine marketing, digital marketing campaign development and implementation, and social media management.
Accordingly your role will be varied as each project can present unique design requirements. Your primary task will be the design and development of responsive WordPress websites for small to medium businesses. Our website projects follow lean design methodologies and you will be involved for the full lifecycle of website design and development i.e. briefs, ideation, wire-framing, visual mockups (flat designs), prototype site development and launch. As a front-end WordPress developer you will create websites based on popular WordPress frameworks, rather than coding from scratch.
Graphic design is also a large component of the role. You may be called upon to design for various mediums of the web including websites, social media advertisements (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc), Google Display Network, infographics, branding and corporate identities (including logo design). Thus, a breadth of design capabilities combined with high level communication and analytical skills are imperative.
The successful candidate absolutely must posses:
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Sound knowledge and use of Adobe Creative suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Thorough and expert knowledge of modern HTML and CSS
- Strong knowledge of the Wordpress front and backend
- Ability to work independently based on goals and deliverable deadlines
- Keenness to learn and experiment with new ideas and approaches
The candidate will be considered favourably if they have the following skills/knowledge:
- SEO best practice
- Conversion rate optimisation principles and tools e.g. Optimizely or VWO
- Please provide a selection of your best work appropriate for this role, ideally in the form of a portfolio-oriented website
- A personalised cover letter
- Application starting with the word "Read"
We are looking forward to reviewing your portfolio and seeing what you can bring to our team. Note: We are looking to fill this role immediately. If you feel you would be a good fit please apply right away.