- PDFs are generated through MS Word 2010 template.
- Document structure is quite complex having headers & footers (in PDF this becomes artifacts), special symbols, blank pages, TOC, Index, Table etc.
- Once MS Word file is generated, we are using acrobat plugin “PDF Maker” to create/convert to tagged PDF document (manual process)
- Section breaks comes as blank pages which are manually being replaced with “intentionally left blank” kind of texted document (manual process)
- As the header and footers are converted as artifacts, we manually touch up 100s of pages to make it normal tags and readable (manual process)
- We run accessibility check and fix couple of issues like document title, tab order etc. within acrobat scope (manual process)
- Then for some of the special symbols and alternate text needs in the document we are using CommonLook Global Access PDF tool for remediation – search and insert alt...