The Payroll Assistant role is responsible for ensuring that all payroll related activities for their assigned base of employees are conducted timely, accurately with individual client requirements.
• Coordinate and maintain records for the company and clients
• Support staff in assigned project based work
• Research, price, and process district purchases
• Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member
• Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office and Accurately codes general ledger.
• Processes accounts payable and invoices
• Ensures that facility maintains good credit with vendors by completing regular reconciliation on selected accounts.
• Files and maintains all financial documents in an organized manner.
• Performs weekly and interim check runs as required.
• Demonstrates satisfactory level of interpersonal skills to interact with facility staff, administration, residents, families, vendors, and government agencies.
• General knowledge of accounting ledgers and accounts payable forms.
• Ability to comprehend and apply concepts for enhancement and efficiency of department and general operations.
• Ability to timely complete multi-faceted functions with minimal supervision.
• Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
• Possess and display a genuine caring for, and interest in, maintaining and enhancing a positive physical, emotional, and psycho social environment for visitors, and staff.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
• Experience in payroll processing preferred.