A physician is in need of a FULL TIME paralegal/virtual assistant to help with medicolegal reviews.
You will need to
1. receive and scan all medical records into our DropbBox account as PDF files
2. review and summarize medical records as a Word document
3. upload radiographic images to our image viewing web based system
4. go over them with the nurse practitioner and physician
5. arrange and attend teleconferences with attorneys on Uberteleconference
6. keep track of billing
7. help generate additional reports, affidavits, etc.
8. help arrange and prepare physician for depositions and court testimonies
9. keep up-to-date list of depositions and court testimonies
8. return the documents and/or CDs to attorney offices
*You will be given an email account for the medical practice as that person will be representing the medical practice to attorney clients. As such this position will require exchanging emails outside of Upwork.
*You will also be given a business Dropbox account license because you will need access to a large Dropbox folder.
*You will also be given the medical practice FedEx account for all mailings.
*Proficiency with Word and PDF files is a must.
*There will be short deadlines that must be met with some reviews requiring evening and weekend work.
*You should be able to finish a typical review of medical records and generate this type of document for around 3 to 4 hours.
PLEASE READ ATTACHED DOCUMENT TO GET A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THIS JOB.