Thanks in advance for reading this job post. We are seeking a proficient and efficient image editor to select and edit images used on blog articles for the popular online wrist watch magazine aBlogtoWatch. We aren't able to handle our current image editing workload and need someone who can easily integrate into our team, be part of our work flow, and perform ongoing image editing services past on our style and needs.
The most important part of this work will be understanding how we need images edited, and for examples of our work you can view the content on aBlogtoWatch.com. We are talking about original photography taken by our writers, that needs editing before being posted. We currently publish around 40-50 articles per month that include original photography, and those articles include between 10-30 images each on average.
We are not necessarily looking for someone to handle our entire image editing load, but we would need them for ongoing work with the occasional need to handle high volumes of images during certain events throughout the year.
Our particular photography editing needs include:
1. Understanding our visual style and editorial needs by observation and training with us.
2. Understanding what elements of a wrist watch people want and need to see.
3. Selecting an appropriate amount and variety of images to edit from available pool of pictures taken after a shoot.
4. Using Adobe Lightroom or other bulk editing software to handle image editing goals.
5. Cropping and rotating.
6. White balance and color correcting.
7. Exposure and light correcting and balancing.
8. Spot removal when necessary.
9. Vibrance, clarity, and other potential image enhancements.
10. Proper image naming and sizing.
11. Uploading images to Wordpress for use in articles.
We anticipate needing about 200-300 images edited per week. Our budget is an average of $5 per post, which can include between 10-30 images depending on the article.
The right person for this work appreciates our work and editorial style, and wants to help make our original photography look its best while understanding how to select and edit our images for our publication's needs and audience expectations. Further, we understand that there will be a learning period so applicants should be willing to learn and train with us for at least a bit. This is also a high trust and responsibility role since image quality is a crucial element of our publication's appeal. Thanks for reading and we look forward to working with you.