ARE YOU A TALENTED WEB DESIGNER? READ ON.
We are seeking a talented web designer with superb creative ability and solid front-end design skills.
With over 6 million users/month and growing among several digital companies under the Launch Potato umbrella, we need a highly skilled web designer who can take our brands to next levels.
ABOUT SOUTH FLORIDA’S FASTEST GROWING TECH INCUBATOR
Launch Potato is a profitable startup studio headquartered on the Ave in downtown Delray Beach, Florida.
Launch Potato incubates and launches mobile and web companies on our proprietary technology stack. We acquire, remarket and monetize users at scale via social media, mobile and email. We’re growing our portfolio of products quickly and looking for highly ambitious designers.
With an energetic, fun startup culture, Launch Potato was founded by 4 young Internet execs who successfully developed and scaled double-digit million dollar online businesses from the ground up in the past decade.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You must be able to take part in the entire design and development process, take ownership of a project from start to finish and deliver clean, compliant code.
You should have an online portfolio showcasing your design skill and links to live pages that demonstrate proven knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and responsive design.
Among your core responsibilities will be taking Photoshop comps and building them out into functional websites, banner ads or email creatives.
Knowledge of and being extremely comfortable with both the latest HTML and CSS development trends is a must, along with the ability to identify and creatively resolve coding challenges.
You'll also be creating your own designs from scratch, ranging from online banner campaigns to email creative that render beautifully across ISPs and devices.
You must be highly motivated and enjoy working in a tight-knit group. We love people with a passion for learning and keeping up with the changing trends of both design and standard compliance coding.
* 3+ years experience building beautiful websites for businesses and/or agencies, ideally for a B2C audience.
* Creative design skills that reflect modern UI/UX trends.
* Solid understanding of web design principles, typography, UI, web standards, excellent visual design skills, and impressive technical skills.
* Proficiency in HTML5, CSS3 and responsive design/development.
* Ability to work with developers to implement designs and integrate front-end code.
* 5+ years Photoshop experience, and knowledge of vector design.
GREAT BUT NOT NECESSARY
* Experience working with a server-side technology like Python/Django.
* Fluency in English.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST
* Be driven and flexible in a fast-paced environment.
* Detail-oriented with a focus on delivering excellent user-experiences.
* Must be a team player and great problem solver.
This is a contract position with additional opportunities for growth for the right position.
Pay would start at fixed-cost projects. You’d work directly with the Chief Creative Officer via Slack instant message tool, Asana, and Google Hangouts.
Ignore the Budget placed in Upwork as pay will be agreed-upon on per-project basis.
WANT TO BE PART OF THE TEAM?
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS. Applications missing the info below will not be accepted.
1. Why are you perfect for this role?
2. Provide links to portfolio work, live websites
3. What are the biggest projects you’ve worked on?
4. What is your current availability? Provide times/dates, time zone.
6. What makes a good designer in one sentence?
7. Optional: any additional materials that will help convey your skill set or creativity (social profiles, writing examples, portfolios, websites, videos) and/or resume