Currently the site just has an under construction plugin that hides it from the public. It's technically up and was up for some time before I changed themes recently and put the under construction page up.
I also have some things in mailchimp I was hoping you might be able to help me with as well. It's pretty much set up just like the website in the sense that it looks proper to my eye but I would like a second opinion. If you'd like you can take a look at that too. I have a template I'd like to automatically send out when people sign up for my services contact page but I don't think that's possible without the automation upgrade. But maybe that might add an hour to the work estimate so I figured I'd throw that in. I'm not worried about Google analytics so much but that might be something you'd have to look into too. But I'm seeing line movement so we might be good on that.
Ideally I want to go on and start being able to add more content pages and not have to worry about everything else working. What's making me question life are primarily the following:
1) Is my website safe to view? Occasionally the website with error with a "Your connection is not private page" shows up when I try to log in. It scares me and I don't like it.
You should first know how to fix that.
2) I'd like to make sure all pages are properly coordinated with proper links, and SEO content. Obviously I set up Amazon affiliates so anytime they click an amazon link I can get some turnaround but I don't really see it working on all of the links. Do they make those specific so you can't link it with everything?
3) Security. Analytics has told me on more than one occassion some random IP from some random country visited my site 25 times and left instantly. I don't know why they're crawling me besides lowering my bounce rate but it's obnoxious and they should stop. Obviously this goes with number 1 but frankly it's that important I give it two spots. Wordfence will also say my site was down for 2 minutes some tuesday morning at 2am but they only tell you it happened. Not why and how to make that stop too. Here's where you come in.
4) Are registered people signing up to my lists and are they getting the right email replies and am I getting all of their emails. That's more of a mailchimp thing.
5) Does my website work. Is it doing what it's supposed to be doing. Clicking the right menus. Sometimes I'll get a 404 error, other days I'll click it all and it works fine. It's not the internet it's a webpage so it should be pretty constantly correct. I credit this partially to going down so many youtube tutorial rabbit holes that has me clicking aimlessly through my site and adjusting little things that I forget two days later why the hell I spent 5 hours doing that.
6) Does it look pretty? I'm no good at figuring out why people like blue and yellow buttons, and my knowledge tells me to leave no white spaces but then I read that's exactly what I'm supposed to do. I don't want people bummed out looking at this thing. It should be fairly motivating. I know this is where hours start to build up to last weeks or months but if you can adjust anything to make it look sleek (Especialy powered by wordpress in the footer. I don't know how to just put a personalized footer.)
7) Anything else you can think of. Obviously if I could think of it, I would have done it myself. SEO and tips would be crucial if you can reccomend any programs, plugins, or settings adjustments to help with any of these points let me know. I give you full permission to change anything you wish if I constructed something that just doesn't make sense. It's just the easiest set up for me to add new things but I'll take functionality over convenience. I just want to be at the point where I can load more short stories and start writing nonsense on my blog to generate traffic. You know, just like everyone else.
Thank you for taking the time to read this whole rant of things you probably knew already to check just by reading the job posting . I hope we can start this soon. I'm flexible but still needing to do this at a reasonable price. I can't expect this to take more than 4 hours of work. Everything is up and running but we can discuss if you feel like more time would be needed.