In this role, you will provide Agile Scrum Master leadership for software teams that are developing a portfolio of strategic solutions for client projects You will be responsible for coaching, collaboration, and facilitation support for core integration projects, and removing impediments from these teams while promoting self-management.
- Provide core Agile Scrum Master leadership on core integration projects: coach, servant-leader, process authority, interference shield, impediment remover, and change agent.
- Drive and lead planning, daily stand-ups, demos, and retrospectives for strategic development teams.
- Guide the development teams and organization to continually mature the adoption of Scrum practices.
- Lead program level Agile scrum of scrum sessions with all IT PMs on projects that that have interdependencies.
- Partner with the Product Owner on roadmap creation, forecasting activities, and sprint planning activities to ensure viability of implementation date targets against team capacity.
- Track, analyze, and communicate team status using core Agile metrics, including burn up/down charts, velocity, effort, and sprint/release progress.
- Serve as an authority in the Scrum methodology; document, educate and implement agile development. methodologies, standards, best practices, policies and procedures throughout the entire program.
- Identify program level agile framework gaps and inefficiencies; sponsor, develop and implement new or improved agile practices and/or tools for the program.
- Create and/or present status information to key stakeholders, decision-makers and leadership sponsors.
- Partner with the aligned IT program director and program manager on additional agile-related support as needed to assure the delivery of ongoing strategic solutions.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least four, typically six or more years of related experience as a project team member of which at least one year was in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Deep knowledge of Agile/Scrum framework and methodology; and Lean principles.
- Experience leading projects in the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles and practices.
Solid experience leading Scrum events: Planning, Daily Scrums, Reviews / Demos, and Retrospectives.
- Strong skills in estimation, story slicing, grooming, and other Agile techniques.
- Hands-on experience training groups of 25 individuals in the Scrum methodology.
- Ability to incorporate traditional corporate reporting and support interfacing processes that are not currently agile practices and/or principles.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed resources and teams, including third party staff located onshore and offshore.
- Able to foster working relationships with the team and client departments.
Knowledge of business functions and understanding of business operations, strategies, and objectives.
- Experience in with one or more Agile management tools; e.g., Rational Team Concert.
- Prior experience in technical IT project role (developer, test engineer, systems analyst, quality assurance analyst, etc.) on projects beneficial.
Knowledge of project management concepts, practices, and techniques beneficial.